What have you done to your P5 today?

Ordered up a new pr of brackets for the Progress rr sway....guess a nut come off one side of one of the brackets after 8 yrs and the bar worked on it until it broke and fell off. Found out that it what my klunk sound was, the sway just loose and hanging by the endlink on that side. OEM sway has been back on car but finally scored the blue gtspec vbrace arms to go with the cheap reinforcement panel I scored some time back and has been on the car. Didn't wanna put the arms on without puttin the Progress rr sway back on first so there you have it.............My GTSpec set complete finally - Trailing arms, reinforcement panel, vbrace, ladder brace, front stb & rr stb all in bluish color. Might do front lower tie brace if one pops up in blue but not gonna waste more of my cargo space with the cage thing.

Last edited:
been working on my worst panel yesterday and today...I am almost done and pretty happy with the results.

before

starting to cut the rust out

EFNChof.jpg

done welding and working on body filler to smooth it out

kvLW1oL.jpg

On another note, have any of you replaced your control arms? I can tell me ball joints are in bad shape (the rubber looks torn) and pretty sure they are making some chattering noise. I am thinking about ordering some off of rock auto today for 50 bucks a pop.

On another note, have any of you replaced your control arms? I can tell me ball joints are in bad shape (the rubber looks torn) and pretty sure they are making some chattering noise. I am thinking about ordering some off of rock auto today for 50 bucks a pop.

Yep, don't get dorman or beck/arnley LCAs, I've had the pleasure of purchasing both brands and wouldn't recommend either. I've never seen the Mevotech parts, but the rest of the stuff they sell is Chinese junk so I wouldn't risk it. Spend the extra money for MOOG (or worst-case Deeza) parts. That way you won't be changing them again in a year from now.

Yep, don't get dorman or beck/arnley LCAs, I've had the pleasure of purchasing both brands and wouldn't recommend either. I've never seen the Mevotech parts, but the rest of the stuff they sell is Chinese junk so I wouldn't risk it. Spend the extra money for MOOG (or worst-case Deeza) parts. That way you won't be changing them again in a year from now.

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. They don't seem that difficult to replace, though my car being a northern car that could mean the most simple job will take 5 hours because of locked up bolts.

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. They don't seem that difficult to replace, though my car being a northern car that could mean the most simple job will take 5 hours because of locked up bolts.

I hope you have an impact wrench and a pickle fork, those things are a b**** to remove!

Back