What have you done to your P5 today?

Just finished doing the "disable automatic AC" mod. Hopefully I will love it as everyone else seems to.

looks good. im picking up a set soon too. what brand and size tires you running?

running the Michelin Preceda that were on when I bought them. 205/45/17s, but I need to replace them soon. I will either go with 205/45/17 or 215/40/17s.

Picked up some MX-5 wheels today. Huge improvement over the peeling stock chromes I had.

Almost pulled the trigger on a set of those a couple months back, but decided I really didn't have to have them. Found another set for sale, now I want them all over again... How much did you pay for your set? Just curious about the actual selling prices of these wheels.

I paid $100 for 4 MX5 wheels with tires when I bought mine. They were in pretty decent condition, but one wheel needed to be refinished. Just have to search for the deals lol

Holy crap, that is an absolute steal! Were you threatening the guy or something? Haha, the best I have been able to find is about 100 dollars per wheel.

Almost pulled the trigger on a set of those a couple months back, but decided I really didn't have to have them. Found another set for sale, now I want them all over again... How much did you pay for your set? Just curious about the actual selling prices of these wheels.

Found mine for $150 locally, but the tires need to be replaced real soon.

Found mine for $150 locally, but the tires need to be replaced real soon.

still a pretty good price. i paid $350 for mine, but they came with some new bridgestone RE01-R's

on another note, I finally found and fixed the vacuum leak that was causing my car to idle poorly

Nice fix Brian and good deal on those MX-5 wheels. I grabbed mine for $475 shipped with tires that lasted two seasons. I'm happy with that but $150 for the 17's....dayum!

Hit up a junkyard today and scored a few things.......Tribute washer nozzles and wiper switch and some sedan headlights. I'm going to swap the lenses to my p5 headlights after I paint the housings black.

I was looking for parts to do the Mazda 6 brake upgrade, but didn't find any good candidates........and my search for the roof rack caps continues as well.

Last edited:
Hit up a junkyard today and scored a few things.......Tribute washer nozzles and wiper switch and some sedan headlights. I'm going to swap the lenses to my p5 headlights after I paint the housings black.

I was looking for parts to do the Mazda 6 brake upgrade, but didn't find any good candidates........and my search for the roof rack caps continues as well.

The wiper switch is an awesome mod, I love mine. As far as the 6 brakes go, any candidate is good a good one. I did my swap to get rid of the problematic calipers. Larger brake system was a bonus afaik.

70k service on the Jetta, a pair of Falken 612's for the MZ3, and tried to move the Protege out of the garage to install new headlights on the Jetta but the battery is dead, so the Protege just sat while I installed the headlights on the side :icon_lol:

Traded it in and got a lil' bit higher off the ground!!(stooges)
attachment.php
attachment.php

The wiper switch is an awesome mod, I love mine. As far as the 6 brakes go, any candidate is good a good one. I did my swap to get rid of the problematic calipers. Larger brake system was a bonus afaik.

Best $10 that I have spent in a long time! My calipers in the rear are starting to seize, so the brake project is at the top of my list.

Nice finds dtour.

Karen failed inspection for the second year in a row. :( Last year was thanks to motor mounts and smoked bumper lights. This year it's thanks to both lower ball joints. The DS was replaced almost two years ago at Firestone and has ~25K miles whereas the PS is OEM and has over 180K miles. I've been looking on Rockauto but not sure what brand to buy. I've read good and bad things about the Beck/Arnley but haven't seen much on the others. I'll add that Rockauto sells the Moog for $125 but Firestone quoted me over $400ea for the same with a lifetime warranty?!

Nice finds dtour.

Karen failed inspection for the second year in a row. :( Last year was thanks to motor mounts and smoked bumper lights. This year it's thanks to both lower ball joints. The DS was replaced almost two years ago at Firestone and has ~25K miles whereas the PS is OEM and has over 180K miles. I've been looking on Rockauto but not sure what brand to buy. I've read good and bad things about the Beck/Arnley but haven't seen much on the others. I'll add that Rockauto sells the Moog for $125 but Firestone quoted me over $400ea for the same with a lifetime warranty?!

626 ball joints can be pressed into our factory control arms, IIRC you can do both sides for cheaper than one new arm.

washed mine, last pics of how she looked for 2013.

IMG-20131103-00201_zps1dfd2ca9.jpg

IMG-20131103-00202_zpsb3d8188b.jpg

Back