What have you done to your P5 today?

Changed the oil today at ~148k miles and scrubbed down the new/old MSP wheels to store away until spring. Bought a drill. Enjoyed the weather. Solid day off.

Couldn't make it to work today... car wouldn't start... found out the wire on the crank position sensor plug finally broke... took some bullet connectors got rid of the plug and put it back together... runs nice again

today i tried to install my turbo but i couldn't finish because i needed to cut the metal and it to loud for the neighborhood, so just have to put the boost gauge hot pipe, and EBC

Yeah I've got some POR-15 and dr.colorchip on order to deal with rust in a few areas(small spot on roof, some in undercarriage/engine bay) but the paint is in overall great shape. Will be giving it regular waxings to keep it that way. Also planning to paint the wheels black since there's some rust damage on the edges of those.

You might want to use a clay bar before you wax. I was shocked at the amount of stuff that was stuck in/on my paint. The results are amazing. Please, please, please don't paint your wheels black. It's my opinion that black wheels look bad and are pretty much played out, it seems to be the go-to color. White wheels look great with midnight blue.

Yeah I've got some POR-15 and dr.colorchip on order to deal with rust in a few areas(small spot on roof, some in undercarriage/engine bay) but the paint is in overall great shape. Will be giving it regular waxings to keep it that way. Also planning to paint the wheels black since there's some rust damage on the edges of those.

por-15 sucks donkey dick.

Ewe.

Phen(mp5)itis.

You ain't shitting! Mine was a little worse than that when it died.

Yeah, I remember pics of Phen's old P5 and her fate once Scratch got ahold of her.

Nice repair CTt3P5!

Thanks

You might want to use a clay bar before you wax. I was shocked at the amount of stuff that was stuck in/on my paint. The results are amazing. Please, please, please don't paint your wheels black. It's my opinion that black wheels look bad and are pretty much played out, it seems to be the go-to color. White wheels look great with midnight blue.

I agree, don't like black on midnight blue and white does look great. Just be ready to wipe them down daily to keep them clean.

Yeah clay barred it too. Smooth as butta. I suggested white or just stuck with a gunmetal gray but the wife wants black and it's her car...

Cleverfrog, what do you recommend over the por--15?

Yeah clay barred it too. Smooth as butta. I suggested white or just stuck with a gunmetal gray but the wife wants black and it's her car...

Cleverfrog, what do you recommend over the por--15?

Bikingpro recommended it to me. It's called chassis saver. As long as it's applied right it will outlast por15. My friend used por15 on his 87 regal last year and it's already rusted thru and I know he's anal about prepping.

That's the problem with this rust treatment stuff, tons of differing opinions on what works best all contradicting each other.

That's the problem with this rust treatment stuff, tons of differing opinions on what works best all contradicting each other.

I live in the salt belt of Canada with salt in the air as well and unless you are treating small rusty metal spots and want to cover it up POR-15 is not the best solution. Chassis saver is used on commercial vehicles around here including the salt trucks to stop them from rusting during those 6 months that they are pouring the salt to the roads. Por-15 is great at stopping rust from continuing to get worst if it is not already bad, but use what every you want until you've cutout a full protege floor and welded in a new one as well as replaced lots of rusted panels cause the POR-15 failed i cant change your opinion.

as for my P5, i washed 2 months of rain and dirt off the car from visiting the building site of my new house.

IMG-20130917-00001_zps9cef9c22.jpg

Yeah I've got a few finger tip sized spots of surface rust I was thinking of covering with the por-15 then going over with touch up paint. Think it would hold up for that application?

Yeah I've got a few finger tip sized spots of surface rust I was thinking of covering with the por-15 then going over with touch up paint. Think it would hold up for that application?

thats what its been designed for, you need to have rust there for it to work properly. I prefer to cut out rust and weld in new metal so POR-15 is not the right rust proofing for that application.

Por-15 is great at stopping rust from continuing to get worst if it is not already bad, but use what every you want until you've cutout a full protege floor and welded in a new one as well as replaced lots of rusted panels cause the POR-15 failed i cant change your opinion.

If my Protege ever got bad enough to worry about that, I'd crush the b****. Oh wait...

Stephen, when your car rolled up on Alex's trailer, we all jumped on it like a pack of hungry hyenas picking off parts we wanted

OK, my objective is to treat some existing rust that's not so bad as needing new metal. Then putting on a top coat. Not thinking its a preventative just a container of existing minor rust. So go ahead with the por-15 then? This is my first attempt at such work.

Last edited:
Back