What have you done to your P5 today?

did my headlights couple of days ago!! glad witht the resutls!! after doing in them, i have done couple of more cars...

did my headlights couple of days ago!! glad witht the resutls!! after doing in them, i have done couple of more cars...

What product/technique did you use? I have to take care of mine.

I've only been using the P5 for lapping nights lately, the instructors seem to think it's a pretty good learning-car because it's so forgiving when you mess up a corner entrance/exit :)

I finally installed a MSP trans in my p5, but subsequently broke the high side ac compressor line.......which subsequently had a frozen bolt that snapped off in the ac condenser input line.... which means more upgrades are on hold until my next paycheck :(

I've only been using the P5 for lapping nights lately, the instructors seem to think it's a pretty good learning-car because it's so forgiving when you mess up a corner entrance/exit :)

Ive had really good luck with the 3M lens cleaner kit. Comes in a small clear box. It usually costs about $20 and comes with all the different grit sand papers, the sanding sponge, and the glass polish and protector.

Ive had really good luck with the 3M lens cleaner kit. Comes in a small clear box. It usually costs about $20 and comes with all the different grit sand papers, the sanding sponge, and the glass polish and protector.

I've seen those at Canadian Tire, it's good to know they work. I'll pick up a kit next time I'm there. Thanks!

Installed my Ralco RZ short throw shifter, shifts are super short, however at higher RPMs there is an obnoxious rattle unless I am holding it in place. Also play to the left. Any experience with shifters anyone? Please help!

Installed my Ralco RZ short throw shifter, shifts are super short, however at higher RPMs there is an obnoxious rattle unless I am holding it in place. Also play to the left. Any experience with shifters anyone? Please help!

when I fitted my megan racing shifter I needed a nylon shim between the circlip and pivot assy and no more rattles.

*sigh* Mechanic called late yesterday afternoon saying the tb and water pump have been installed but when they went to turn it, nothing. Ends up the alt. is also seized. He gave me the options of buying a reman Mitsu alt. for $300, a reman Remy alt. for $220 or I could source my own. Seeing that it will be three weeks that the car has been down, I told him to go with the Remy. Could have picked one up for cheaper but wouldn't have it in hand until next week or could have blown the savings on expedited shipping.

The 3m restoration kit before, and it works very well, but the only bad thing about it, is that every 6 month you almost have to repeat the process...at least wax it or put in robing compound...but what i did was i seal them with a UV sealant..and it doesn't have to be repeated at all...pretty much is the same process as the 3m kit, but with a UV sealant at the end of the whole process...ill post a link later so you can see the process!!

here you can see the other cars I've done..www.facebook.com/wiso.cortes

wow, it's been 3 weeks already? well, looks like it might be ready now!

Yup....crazy!

That said, I drove her to work today!!!!! :D (drive) Left work early yesterday to pick her up and she runs and sounds pretty damn good. As happy as I was to get the keys I could have done without the invoice. lol

Bill was $2570 for labor ($1150 including the time they took to tear down my old engine to confirm damage) and parts ($1420 which include t-stat, rad hoses, timing belt, tensioner/idler rollers, tensioner spring, water pump, cam/crank seals, plugs, plug wires, coil packs, j-pipe (thanks to rusted to s*** mounting points in the flange), pcv valve, grommet in vc for pcv valve, front torque converter seal, vc gasket, exhaust gaskets, exhaust spring kit, reman alt, rear/trans motor mounts, coolant flush and oil change). That's one helluva tune-up! lol

Inlcuding the tow and engine, I've just invested $3680 into her so she better give me another good 10yrs!!! :) And now that the exhaust bolts are all new and shiny, it'd be a great time to throw on a header. ;)

About the same here. Paid with the credit card but will be paying it off with money from savings.....pretty much kills the Miata fund.

Did carpet last year and a roof the year before. New law says you can't take a mortgage out on a house with baseboard heating (it's inefficient). I must upgrade if I plan to sell

Wow! Two out of the three homes I've owned have had baseboard heat and it is inefficient. I don't like how they can make you responsible for that though.... If the new owner wants to invest the money into a more effiecient system than let them do it!

^I think it's for insurance reasons. I had to pay cash for my house because of the law. On the other hand, that's why I got a 4 bed 2 bath house for 70k. Hopefully I can do all the HVAC work and finish the project for 3-5k and sell the house for around 120k

On another note, the MSP stock GT2554R, does it require a restrictor for the oil feed?

Latest posts

Back