What have you done to your P5 today?

Switch covers pry up and slide out backwards. The front (part closest to the engine) has a tab that slides out backwards.
The Radio surround requires unhooking the Temp and Position cables. One is under the steering column and one is behind the glove box. This is a thread on removing it > http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?55382-How-To-Disabling-Automatic-A-C-Defrost-modes

I suggest painting them and not using plastidip. I've plastidipped interior parts and they are filth magnets. I remopved all dip from my interior and painted satin black with a rattle can. Looks the same, but stays clean

Last edited:
dont listen to him, hes from the south, what does he know?! :D

for real though, use krylon fusion paint. i did for all my interior parts and it holds up and looks great. nice matte finish too.

I was fortunate enough to be able to pay cash for mine but looking forward to when we get the title in hand for the wife's car!

I know I posted some pics a few pages back of the polished headlights but just found this pic while rummaging around. It's from two years ago and gives you a better idea of what they used to look like! :/
attachment.php

Haha yea. Actually after I get this new turbo I'll probably stop modding and save up for another car. Probably wait for the next new model from Mazda or by then I will have a nice down payment for a Lotus Exige.

I was fortunate enough to be able to pay cash for mine]

I bought a brand new 08 Mazda Tribute. 9 months later, someone hit me and totaled it. I used the insurance money to pay off the car and the remaining cash bought my P5. I paid $3,700 for her

I know the feeling of not having a car payment....and then I bought my truck 2 months ago. Now it's $400 a month...again.

But in good news I LOVE my Nissan Titan (Pro4X) and it's easier to move engine parts and my motorcycle with it.

Paid off YES!!!...... started modding this year. got my v brace/panel and trailing arms coming in... progress anti-roll bar, upper rear tower bar, lower front tower bar installed. And Dropped. Next are the lateral arms and headers or new adjustible shocks.

The weather was nice, so I loaded up the ol' Torque app and did some pulls on my way to work. I'd say 112HP is respectable for bone stock.

Screenshot_2013-04-26-12-16-26_zps53080b78.png
[/URL][/IMG]

And yes, that 25mpg is just about right.

bumper gap and hood gap i don't care anymore.
as for wheel gap, i have plans for it being more lower soon.

The bumper gap is a easy fix, just get the sag fix brackets from AAC....Like 50 bucks.
I just realized who you were, your car used to be so clean. What happened lol
The original paint was too nice to cover up with plastidip.

on topic though, just got my T3 steedspeed mani in the mail, and my Tial MV-S wastegate from a local shop, 1 bar spring. Cant wait to replace this turd of a manifold, gonna be AWESOME. and for s*** and giggles, random old pic of my car
IMG_2815.jpg

Back