What have you done to your P5 today?

i have an idea to fix my loose bumper due to the quarter panel rust. just need to cut some sheetmetal at work, make a bend, and then use some JB weld. just need a nice warmish day soon to do this

Got rid of some of my rattles in the car. Rear license plate fixed and my ebay exhaust was hitting the heat shield so the heat shield had to go. Now its much better. On to the getting the front bumper to stop rattling.

SOLD the P5. Well, actually sold a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a 98 BMW M3. Gonna miss the P5, but it went to a good friend of mine. Thanks to all the guys who made this a great forum over the years.

Lost about 100k miles. Swap cluster faces, rings, and bulbs over to my cluster

jbbynzDU3Cm3Co.jpg

I like that look a great deal^ neato that you swapped the gauges over and all. Are the MSP lights red backlit?

Also, you drive a LOT. Gas gauge shows it at least from what I can tell...

i have an idea to fix my loose bumper due to the quarter panel rust. just need to cut some sheetmetal at work, make a bend, and then use some JB weld. just need a nice warmish day soon to do this

I something similar when I fiberglass-ed my rear quarter panels. I used the fiberglass resin to stick a small angle bracket on the inside of the fender, then used some zip ties to secure the bumper to the fender. With all of the vibration in that area I'd recommend something like Automotive Goop instead of JB Weld (it's kinda brittle).

Today I took the P5 to work instead of the Tercel. I never thought I'd say this, but my P5 is *tight* ... compared to a 14 year old toyota with original suspension ;)

I like that look a great deal^ neato that you swapped the gauges over and all. Are the MSP lights red backlit?

Also, you drive a LOT. Gas gauge shows it at least from what I can tell...

Yes, it is backlit Red. The only difference between the P5 gauges and MSP gauges are the silver faces, the silver needle housings, and the Mazdaspeed logo on the Tach. You are correct about driving a lot. I put about 30k miles on my P5 a year

Lol so many honda guys buy mazdas and think they can mod them the same and be ok....nope. You will not get any love here, that looks terrible.
What do you have on the car that is advan? Not the wheels, not the tires, so why do you have the sticker?

I something similar when I fiberglass-ed my rear quarter panels. I used the fiberglass resin to stick a small angle bracket on the inside of the fender, then used some zip ties to secure the bumper to the fender. With all of the vibration in that area I'd recommend something like Automotive Goop instead of JB Weld (it's kinda brittle).

you smart guy. I will have to do that then.

jus becuz my car looks simliar to the civic u posted doesnt mean im trying to mod my p5 as civics/hondas....so what ur tryin to say is that if a mazda had simliar bumper lips/trims like a civic would, that the owner of the mazda is tryin to replicate or mod it like civics/hondas....Wrong, everyone has their own tastes, im just trying to set my p5 differently. Owning a mazda doesnt mean u have to mod them a certain way.Plus, i didn't know i had to own something from a brand i like to sport..wow learned something new today..lol... But thanks for your 2cents tho.

Ps. Post a pic of ur ride, bet u i can find a civic that looks just like it.lol

Last edited:
dont take it to personal her.neg everybody has different tastes and style...you car does look clean but personally i think there is a lot going on but whose car is it after all. its not a honda mazda thing cuz ive owned plenty cars and each have their pros and cons i personally i like my P5 but i loved my prelude...kids argue about makes but men love cars in general...its all preferences...you cant take things to personal bro...you do you

Going back and reading my post does make it sound like i took it personal, lol.. But i didnt't. Jus explaining and answering 704_mazdaguy's statement/???'s....Nemosmp5, wat u said, i couldnt say it better brotha...

Last edited:
@her.neng

While I wouldn't personally do what you've done to my car, I think you've done a good job modifying your P5 to your tastes. It definitely looks like you take good care of it, which in the end, is all that really matters. You take pride in your car, it shows

Back