What have you done to your P5 today?

Not today, but yesterday: I drove it just a little over 1200KM (round-trip) to attend Meeting of the Mazdas.

Got to meet Brian, HatchKitten (sorry, I'm really bad with names), and a bunch of other awesome people. The MP5T is >9000 times more amazing in person, I'm glad I was able to finally see (and hear) it. Also, being from NY I didn't expect HatchKitten's P5 to be so damn clean, but there is literally no rust on that car. Even the notoriously rusty strut towers were in perfect condition (she didn't believe my strut towers have speed holes, until I showed her :p).

Even the weather held out, there was just enough rain to scare away the slammed miatas which counts as a perfect day in my book :D

Hmm this is worrying me, I was there with my P5 and I do not believe i had met you >.<

IMG-20120822-00906.jpg

Ended up buying a new EGR vacuum solenoid today. I kept throwing a P0660 (Bank 1) CEL code over the past few days. I also took this as an excuse to buy new tools... even though no tools are "needed." You never know, right? Win/win I guess.

Taking some photos Sunday to update the look.

Getting an annoying rattle up front so after a quick look I figured I'd start by removing the em heat shield over lunch. Fired her up and no rattle so I let her idle while I cleaned the windows and after a few minutes it reared it's ugly head. Coming from just behind the PS wheel so my best guess is exhaust heat shield...time to throw her in the air.

Check out the lower bolt hole....this is why I started with this heat shield. Guess it's time to get a performance header. ;)
attachment.php

Blech....now I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not installing that BNIB Ractive header I had a couple of years ago!
attachment.php

Omfg lol this is the exact problem that just starting occurring on mine. The heat shield on your "J"-pipe where the second 02 sensor is probably where the rest of the rattle is. My flange between second cat and "j"-pipe was broken too and rattling there too.

P/S i put on AWR 88 duros today inserts on the sides, F+R full mounts.

Reposting here too. Not trying to troll...

Wanted to re-introduce myself. It's been since December that I've logged in. Still have our P5 and she's running great. Had to replace a coil and the VC gasket. While I had the VC off, I sanded it down and painted it red to match the P5 and then sanded the words down to a shine. Looks fantastic and no more leaks. She has nearly 140K on her now and about the only thing I could wish for is more power...lol. The autostick with that little FS is just slow, to put it bluntly... She does get about 25-26 MPG in the city though, so I can't complain too much. My next project is to figure out what kind of LED's I need for the instrument cluster and get those replaced. Can't even see it anymore unless it's completely dark. Take it easy everyone. ~Dorian

CTt3P5, are you missing a manifold bolt on the upper passenger side?

Well s***, it appears that I am?! No idea how it went missing as the manifold has never been off of the car and only time I've had the heat shield off was when I swapped the powdercoated one for the stock one.

Omfg lol this is the exact problem that just starting occurring on mine. The heat shield on your "J"-pipe where the second 02 sensor is probably where the rest of the rattle is. My flange between second cat and "j"-pipe was broken too and rattling there too.

Thanks and that is the first place I'll be checking once I have some time to get her up in the air.

Wife drove her to work today, I've got the 3. :)

just added my oem exhaust back into car. Getting rid of Hayame exhaust. Its in FS section of Forum. Too loud for me and cant hear the intake suck up air, so giving intake some time to shine.

replace with obx headers!!

Thanks Kyle....had one helluva time finding that 'rust' color in the paint section. lol

Another bearing....please tell me this is for one of the wheels you have not already replaced.

its one i replaced already. i didnt put a seal in at that time like i did with the passenger one. plus i think i got a cheap crappy bearing. will be all good on monday!

Back