What have you done to your P5 today?

Thanks man, needed to hear that since it's a great deal on the block. Most places around here want around $1200 for a used block. I won't be getting the pistons with it. It's just the block, crank, and head. I think he's got a buyer for the rods and pistons.

pm me if you will be getting a complete head with cams

washed the engine bay, getting ready for a show this weekend

IMG-20120730-00763.jpg

^Looks great, love the color scheme.

There's something seriously wrong with mine. I'm doing 115km/hr on the highway and my steering wheel is shaking like a wheel is really out of balance, then I go over a bridge, speed back up to 115-120 and the shaking is almost non-existent. I'm really at a loss as to what it could be.

I just hope it gets bad quickly, that way something will pop and I'll know for sure =/

Scored a set of really nice condition MSP Racing Harts off craigslist and a couple of spare center caps recently. Tokico Blues and Tein S-techs are on their way as well. Now just to wait until the tires wear down on the stock P5 rims :)

MSPRacingHarts.jpg

There's something seriously wrong with mine. I'm doing 115km/hr on the highway and my steering wheel is shaking like a wheel is really out of balance, then I go over a bridge, speed back up to 115-120 and the shaking is almost non-existent. I'm really at a loss as to what it could be.

make sure your rotors arnt warped. i recently had a similar issue where it would shake over 70mph and sometimes go away after hitting the brakes .
changed out pads and rotors... no shake!

make sure your rotors arnt warped. i recently had a similar issue where it would shake over 70mph and sometimes go away after hitting the brakes .
changed out pads and rotors... no shake!

They're not, I've measured the lateral run-out. I've ruled-out so much s*** which is why this is so frustrating...

Scored a set of really nice condition MSP Racing Harts off craigslist and a couple of spare center caps recently. Tokico Blues and Tein S-techs are on their way as well. Now just to wait until the tires wear down on the stock P5 rims :)

MSPRacingHarts.jpg

those look good!

^Looks great, love the color scheme.

I just hope it gets bad quickly, that way something will pop and I'll know for sure =/

After changing my tie rods I have that pretty sure I need alignment which I'm doing soon and getting wheels re balanced and rotated tomorrow

Last edited:
So, after the repairs on the engine, exhaust, suspension and a few other things i now have the car back and I am currently diving neck deep into rust repair!

Now, before i blind you with the before picture i just thought i'de let everyone know that the car has had a dummy fender put in place by the dealer i bought it from.. the car is originally from Quebec, anyway.. a**holes from my school decided to stab screwdrivers through the rear quarter and really destroy it which realllyyy angered me, needless to say they received what was coming to them.

Before of fender and hatch:
mto4mu.jpg

mhu6uv.jpg

Day 1 Fender and hatch:
apa37.jpg

15fsvfn.jpg

Day 2 fender and hatch(fender almost complete, hatch ready for paint:
300bm0x.jpg

30tjg9d.jpg

Ok, so please don't hate on me... the car is going to be completely painted very soon and this is also my first rust repair excursion.

looks bro, props for going into rustrepair by yourself.. im gonna have to do this one day or another.. Quebec car carry some very unwanted rust...

thank you zhy, and yes they do carry some crazy rust... but the way that fender is fixed now it shouldn't bubble up anymore... its a complete fiberglass fender so the old rotten fender holds no more integrity.

MSPRacingHarts.jpg

always loved those rims! has a set on the p5 for a few yrs! nice score!

I had some plastic hanging down in the front under the driver side fog. I really don't feel like buying a whole new piece yet, so I just zip tied it up. Only a mechanic will know what I did - well, now everyone on here too - but I'm my own mechanic. Therefore, the secret stands. Other than that, I think I need a new DDM ballast already. One of the wires seems to be loose and I have to nudge it to get it to come on every morning at 4am. Sad days.

On a better note, I had to replace a trans hose in my mom's beaten '98 Neon today. Turns out the idiot who replaced it last time tightened the clamp too much and sliced through the hose. Took 20 minutes and it's done right. BOOM!

Did some more work today.. i must say, I'm really liken the whole shaved hatch idea, also fixed what was basically a hole in my bumper from an a**hole backing into it with a trailer.

2hnlzbc.jpg

4g4qoy.jpg

I like shaved hatches too. If you want a rear wiper delete plug, let me know. :)

I took apart my climate control module to get a better look at the bad circuit that won't let me have my precious A/C on fan speed 3 (arguably the best speed). I'm pretty sure I figured out how the circuit works (the black conformal coating coating didn't help), I just have to recheck something tomorrow. If I'm right, the solution shouldn't be too tricky...

My codes :/ input on what parts to change to fix them?

I know upper 02 sensor might be one and the cat.

What about the fuel regulator one and vcts ones ?

P1569 VTCS Circuit Low Input

P1250 Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid Circuit

P1512 VTCS Fault

Po421

Warm up catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank 1)

Po171
This code is triggered by the first downstream (front) O2 sensor

Last edited:
Just spent 4 hours trying to figure out why one of my HID's stopped working suddenly.
After buying another bulb and getting a free ballast, I find out the problem was the fuse -____-.
A 3.30$ problem.

Back