What have you done to your P5 today?

Time to buy pads/rotors and maybe a caliper. Heard a squealing sound late last week and it goes away when I apply the brakes. Sounds like it's coming from the LF but we all know how that works. With my luck I'll have another seized rear caliper. :(

:(. i just did two new calipers. they were sooooo seized up. especially the left one, pad had worn down so much

OEM wheels are 6" +50 I believe. 195/50/16 will barely be stretched on a 7.5" wheel. I am running the same setup on RX8 AT wheels and it's barely stretched. Yes spacers would make the wheels more flush, just make sure your rear fenders are rolled.

+50 is correct.

ordered a shift boot for it lol

looking for the full spark plug wires/ coils conversion. lmk if anyone has one for sale

It's the price of owning a P5 :p

I replaced all 4 calipers last year, I feel your pain.

i have both rears to replace on the Mazda, just did the rears on my Volvo and if i need to change any brakes on the wife's Honda i am going to lose my mind.. Winters suck..

oh bought the P5 a treat today and hopefully can install it later.

Congrats Biking and nice purchase Rico.

So, got an email from USAutoParts to save 10% off orders over $100 so I just put Centric Posi-Quiet Semi-metallic pads and Centric Premium Rotors (front and rear) in my cart and going to be around $182.04 after shipping and handling. Not too bad but then I realized that I wasn't getting the 10%....here Centric is one of the hundred or so Companies whose products don't qualify for the discount. *sigh*

Hi,

Don't know where to ask this so i'll just ask it here: Will mazda 3 coilovers fit on protege 5? Asking because raceland has some for dirt cheap but they don't make them for the protege 5

Thanks

installed my wheels and there is no rubbing when driving :D. i need to lower the car though. sorry i dont have pics right now.

looking ugly with a camera phone pic

iKDbVu16kaWLl.jpg

I was working on the headlights and bumper alignment over the weekend

Hit 137K miles on the odometer this morning

are you missing the foam that goes behind the bumper on the crash bar?
Yes I am. The car was in a front end collision before I bought it. It was "fixed" but the front end was crooked. The front bumper was painted but not cleared and it had no side marker lights. After buying it, I spend $3,500 on body work and paint, the front windshield was replaced, the hood was a bit off, the headlights we broken in places such as the bumper mount, I'm missing my passenger side splash guard is gone, My foam is gone, etc.

I had the front end straightened out, I had a new rear bumper put on, I had all of the front end and rear bumper painted. The shop that painted it and gave me a lifetime warranty mixed the paint wrong so it is brittle and chips explaining my current front bumper. The shop went out of business so I can't take advantage of my lifetime warranty without getting a lawyer involved.

I have a replacement MSP bumper that will be painted "correctly" as soon as I found someone that doesn't want me to pay $200 to pay a primed bumper. I also want to replace the hood with a cf model, not sure what design.

Last edited:
Within the first 3 months of owning it I took it to a body shop to get some body work done

ivPFCy8u2SNEF.JPG

i231XehMo7GHo.JPG

ibj0QDg1tgAkym.JPG

Now it looks worse, the clear coat on the passenger side is full of dents thanks to a hail storm, the front bumper is chipped, the rear bumper has cracks on one side. I have do redo all that crap again (pissed)

Last edited:
Got P5 #3 home today. 02 Sunlight silver. 142K. I forgot how bad stock motor mounts are. I put AWR's on after 2 months of driving the 03.5 when I bought it new.. And I'm debating on taking #3 away from the wife and giving her the BMW.

I got a bit of inspiration from newsboy so I decided to paint my RH logos on my MSP wheels...with help from my GF.
Tools:
photobucket-4329-1334185092185.jpg

Duplicolor caliper paint & a nail polish brush (one used for small nail designs...my GF rocks)
Results:
photobucket-2445-1334192792765.jpg

photobucket-4951-1334194512144.jpg

Back