What have you done to your P5 today?

Gave her a bath.

Kyle, car is looking damn good man! I had that same issue once with Firestone, they fixed it though without giving me grief.

Hatch, sounds like it's the tire size that is doing you in. 205 would be better and you might be able to get away with a 215 pending wheel offset.

dont understand why firestone cant center my steering wheel for me when i get an alignment done. this is the second firestone that didnt do it, gotta try again when my new tires come in stock. i think lifetime alignments just means "we aint doing s*** for you"

this is where the wheels gotta be to drive straight, let go and im in the next lane instantly
3b1f68e8.jpg

My alignment came out the same way but to go straight i hold the wheel slightly left. going to go to sears once i put on my 17s

I smacked the 150k miles mark today while driving around calibrating my new temp/compass/dimming mirror. I also finally got around to installing the factory alarm i picked up a couple of weeks ago.

trying to install the header, lower 02 sensor will not budge. the socket actually just started to round out the hex on it, so thats freakin wonderful.

im more or less just planning on replacing it. trying to get the hardware off connecting the jpipe to mid pipe. cant really cut it with the grinder because of its location.

Heat is definitely your friend on this one. Can you get a socket on it? If I know I'm going to be replacing it, I'll cut the wires and use a deep well socket on it. Less risk of rounding it off. That is... if you can get in there.

Heat is definitely your friend on this one. Can you get a socket on it? If I know I'm going to be replacing it, I'll cut the wires and use a deep well socket on it. Less risk of rounding it off. That is... if you can get in there.

When I replaced mine I used one of those fancy O2 sensor sockets (there's a slot cut into the side of the socket to pass the wires) and an impact wrench. They both came out without any trouble :)

gaahhhh, this freakin hardware! cannot get anything in there to cut it, and even if i can just cut it, there is the nut kinda welded to the back flange of the midpipe. i think i need to drop the midpipe after if i do cut it so i can clean off that old nut.

well its in....

missing an o2 sensor until tuesday. but wont be driving all too much between now and then. gonna replace it with this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

couldnt get a nice seal around the midpipe and header because of those bolts. and then the nuts that are welded to the back of the flange and there is that little lip around it so i can just cut the nuts off. so ill have to drop the midpipe next week and then grind the nuts off. pain in the but but oh well. also, my dremel died during this when i was trying to cut out one part :( a very sad day.

however...
0a617c2c.jpg

Back