What have you done to your P5 today?

Installed my Tein S-Techs and switched back to the summer wheels!

Before: Lame
attachment.php

After: Winning!
attachment.php

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Spring comparisons:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I need wheel spacers....

Put the intake manifold back on. Hope the full port and "polish" does what it's supposed to do. And that I don't have any leaks.

Hey Newsboy, did she make you put the decal in the rear window? Seriously though your car looks good man.

Man, that must have scored major points for you. Well played my friend, well played indeed.

Went to the garage....

went for an oil change but really it was to check on the exhaust and on my control arms, ( i dont own a ramp....) so here is the list :(
a couple of days ago my car started to make an annoying rattling sound when i go above 2200 rpm, it stops when i do not accelerate, it is almost constant but relatively quiet when im on the highway at 3000rpm, well the bad news is that it wasnt simply two rings holding a now broken heat shield which has vanished, it is probably a loose valve, i would really like to know what i should do, i am not a mechanic but if it is simply taking the valve cover off, and putting the valve in the right position in order to fix it with a simple adjustment using a feeler gauge, i can probably do this.... so please let me know what is the corrective answer to this loose valve... thxs

Dont be too worried.

The worst case scenario would be that you need a new head, and I have 3 or 4 sitting in my garage.

If the valve needs to be adjusted, then you could be as simple as changing the shim. It requires some experience or knowledge to do this correctly and requires that the timing belt is removed for the adjustment.

Dont be too worried.

The worst case scenario would be that you need a new head, and I have 3 or 4 sitting in my garage.

If the valve needs to be adjusted, then you could be as simple as changing the shim. It requires some experience or knowledge to do this correctly and requires that the timing belt is removed for the adjustment.

but would a loose valve make a sound resembling an exhaust rattle, it sounds a bit like when the manifold is a bit loose ( which i know for a fact that it isnt on my car it is inside the engine... :( ) it only comes when starting but it goes away immmediately, but when i slowly press on the gas it starts making the sound, at like 2200, the sound amplifies in speed and loudness as the revs are increased... i dont know if this makes it possible for a possible diagnostic but its worth a shot lol, thxs man :)

Pardon the interruption, I hope you get your issue fixed jj, whatever the problem does happen to he. So, going back to what I said about getting a p5 and all, I could wait, which is in my best interests as far as money goes, or I could buy this one protege I found, stick, sedan, 170k on it for 4500, at a dealership. Use that till end of summer, keep it, buy p5 from my dads pal, 2k, 130kish on it rust up the wazoo, and switch good stuff from sedan to p5? I'd prolly put 3k towards the cars total, my dad said he'd go halves? I really dont know though, one bloke said that it's be best to wait cause of the gas prices and all and saving money that way and also managing, I just thought, to save on insurance, not my car, ain't forking over dosh. That's that what I told my dad at least... And im way too ambitious to try this right now and get away with it but I've looked now at Iukekini and Lewis' KL sawps and im gonna embark on one, eventually... Im just a dreamer right now. Only a junior in high school :) I have an almost for sure 4k coming in this summer (internship). I dont really wanna spend that money though is all... :)

I could buy this one protege I found, stick, sedan, 170k on it for 4500, at a dealership.

My P5 with 140k was $3500, don't pay $4500 for a sedan with 170k. I'm also a junior in high school, and you'll be needing that $4000 from your internship. Cars suck down your bank account, a lot faster than you'd expect.

if i were you i would seriously consider saving up and leasing a brand new car... less issues and considerably safer financially! trust me on this!!! a car close to 200k means there will be problems and it would be a safer and possibly a cooler option to lease a new car. but if you buy any used car have it checked by a mechanic you trust which isnt working for the guy or wtv. brign your guy and check the whole car as if you had ocd.... good luck :)

Thanks guys so far for the insight. I was thinking they would need work and I've been reading here of the few issues they do seem to be having. No cars perfect. My pal has a prepaid leased focus. Only prob is heI can't have fun with it. Yeah im better off but ill need to learn from mistakes eventually. And thanks a ton swag wagon for that tip off. I thought it was a tad high too... And ill have to look for a mech. too. My CAD teach just got certified and knows his s***. He's got two classic muscle cars and just picked up a boat. Honest guy too. I just got off the phone with my dad and let him know what you guys said, he and i both just came to the consensus that I'll wait till August to get his buddy's car. His lease on his altimas up then and so he might go up to 3grand spent if need be and I can use his motor when he's outta the state (down in Louisville and Kansas city). It'll save $$$ on gas and insurance, not a waste having car at airport while he's gone. All in all, hopefully I'll actually be more of a member of this community by August! As of now im researching :)

i got my p5 for $2000 and it has 120,000 miles. the previous owner used it as a daily driver, all highway mileage. my car insurance is $3300 a year though.(eek2)

Today went to visit my parents, stopped at a gas station before my trip back home and a passing officer walked to me and gave me a ticket for tinted windows... -_-

on a good note my tires came in today : )
c6e1ba66.jpg

Jekyll approves lol

Back