What have you done to your P5 today?

ProjectBlack, if you think your stock rear bar is knocking wait till you slap on that Progress bar. haha. Regardless of the clunk the car will handle great with that bar.
That is poopy to hear. It's on back order anyway, maybe I'll cancel and just replace the bushings on the stock bar...

put the hood prop from my msp on the p5 and put on some new wipers

So, yeah, im stuck between a rock and a hard place. My dads just told me his mate isn't gonna sell the P5 till August. I've thought of a few possible courses of action: get a different P5, one that I dont know who drove it. 2) I could get an automatic 6, it won't be as unique to me... Or 3) I could wait till the end of summer, carpool with my dad to work (I got an internship with him :D) and just use his motor when I need it. Any suggestions? And, @Mike R, hope all is well. At the end of the day a car is a car, your wife, well, yeah, she's your wife. Hope you guys are okay! (and sorry if that sounds rude)

I would do option 3, doesn't sound like you absolutely need it right away

524788_10151436991535061_857595060_23458336_1205788837_n.jpg

o0n8, I'm leaning more towards that option. I dont know if I trust this Brian fellow with powertools. He's gotten this far though. Much respect to you sir on the progress so far. I'll have myself some literature to read in a bit...

I drove mine an hour to attend a birthday party. While I was there I picked up a header, AEM cold air intake, Kartboy short shifter, and an MSP strut bar. I got some work to do!

discovered some rear brake issues with mine yesterday. looks like my rear left caliper is frozen up, but its to the point where it doesnt actually brake because the rotor has all kinds of surface rust on it. not sure if thats something that can be fixed without needing a new caliper.

So, yeah, im stuck between a rock and a hard place. My dads just told me his mate isn't gonna sell the P5 till August. I've thought of a few possible courses of action: get a different P5, one that I dont know who drove it. 2) I could get an automatic 6, it won't be as unique to me... Or 3) I could wait till the end of summer, carpool with my dad to work (I got an internship with him :D) and just use his motor when I need it. Any suggestions? And, @Mike R, hope all is well. At the end of the day a car is a car, your wife, well, yeah, she's your wife. Hope you guys are okay! (and sorry if that sounds rude)

With the price of gas it would be stupid not to carpool anyway, if you can get by just borrowing his car form time to time for now then I would do that.

I drove mine an hour to attend a birthday party. While I was there I picked up a header, AEM cold air intake, Kartboy short shifter, and an MSP strut bar. I got some work to do!

was it your b-day party since you got the gifts?

discovered some rear brake issues with mine yesterday. looks like my rear left caliper is frozen up, but its to the point where it doesnt actually brake because the rotor has all kinds of surface rust on it. not sure if thats something that can be fixed without needing a new caliper.

both my rear calipers are in the same condition. i'm trying to find a pair on the cheaper side but having no luck

Cleaned the car out, took out the black blower box for the AC. Ill be making a mount for the AEM FIC and gauge terminal blocks.

When you removed the a/c blower box does that disconnect the fan from the rest of the ventilation system?

I like that idea even more. Found a 3, 98k, $7k asking. Guys got a kid so should be relatively unmolested. But dad doesn't have 7 laying around. And its an auto. Gonna wait till end of summer, even if im outta a car (not that I had one) till August. Then I won't have to put up 3.5k, I can drop 1 and my dad pick the other half up. Friends at work... Gotta love them.

both my rear calipers are in the same condition. i'm trying to find a pair on the cheaper side but having no luck

when i had my wheels off yesterday i tried taking out the 10mm bolt from the caliper and flipping it up to check everything out, and the top wouldnt pivot all the way back (and this was on the non frozen caliper). wondering if i should replace both of them at this point

Back