What have you done to your P5 today?

Jgunz...

I didn't see your for sale thread, but I'm guessing you didn't follow the rules. They are in my sig, and are there to protect members. It is the best thing we can do to make sure you actually have the items you are trying to sell. There have been plenty of scammers in the past.

I know when I see a for sale thread with a brand new member, I am always skeptical.

since this is the new wheel bearing thread....ill join in the convo.
Im at 276k miles and Im on original bearings. No noise at all. Guess it just depends on how you drive?

had the 2 rear tires changed today. good thing since the old ones were too the belts on the insides.
IMG-20110908-00153.jpg

since this is the new wheel bearing thread....ill join in the convo.
Im at 276k miles and Im on original bearings. No noise at all. Guess it just depends on how you drive?

Possibly. Road conditions make a difference. But it's also a wear item, and some things wear faster than others. I think my car was flooded, so that could easily contribute to it. Why the Miata needed them early is beyond me. First one went out at 41k, second one was around 60 like Evan said.

Holy crap, Simon! 276k miles on your original bearings? Haha! That's awesome. I drive like an asshole so I'm not sure why my wheels haven't fallen off yet. I thought maybe because I washed my car religiously once a week with a spray hose and washed my wheels really well. Who knows. Sorry, back on topic.

KooL...Good 2 know you guys POLICE the site! Workin on gettin my threads done, jus need some pics...

@ Project Black: Niice Badge Officer!!! No 4 real...Nice badge! I was thinkin of doing the same thing...Now I have to get more creative...

maybe its somehow my ms3 wheels and low profile tires. no issues when i wasnt using them. ill just try another companies bearing i guess and see how it goes!

@ Project Black: Niice Badge Officer!!! No 4 real...Nice badge! I was thinkin of doing the same thing...Now I have to get more creative...

Thank you! You're all good. Shoot, you're way out in Florida so you can have the only one there. The way I look at it is these forums are for finding cool stuff that you might want to do to your ride.

I did the fog light mod on my car and I blacked out my side markers, but I KNOW I'm not the only one who did those!

DO IT...DO IT!!!

@ Yellow-Very Niice & Clean!!! Wouldn't change a thing!!!

Thanks J! My original wheel bearings lasted until about 107k and I have been lowered 2 inches all the way around since like 40k. Fun times. J, I agree with Lewis start a build thread!

Not that I know of... My truck is running well at 212K.

Maybe you can help me diagnose this... it cranks and cranks whenever I go to start it. I'll crank it for like 5 seconds, stop, and then I crank it again and it starts right up. Any ideas?

Pump or plugged filter. I'd say to cycle the pump a couple times before you try to start it.

I figured pump. I've got a full new set of filters/fluids/plugs and bits to go in when I get a chance. We'll see. Thanks for the non-P5 help :D

Bought 2 new 215/35/18 tires for my front tires, finally taking the leap and going with all season low profiles. Got the Continental ContiExtremeContact anyone have any experience with these?

Oh, tomorrow morning I am blacking out the trim pieces inside my headlights, also going to tint the turn signal lenses once I get inside there as well.

You'll love those continentals, I have had nothing but good experiences with them.
I work at a dealer, and thats pretty much all we use on the cars, very good grip, and pretty decent wear. Have yet to see any get choppy from the camber like other tires.

and I bought some temp wheels for my car,
321491_10150367464865799_520500798_9787016_1852958179_n.jpg

Back