What have you done to your P5 today?

yeah kevin told me about it

ok cool and i have been in that driveway when there was a mini protege meet going on ;)

let me know if you guys have a mini meet or anything and ill try to come. tues and wed are my weekends or let me know something ahead so I can try to get it off

Those with replacement speakers in their rear doors.....

Do regular 6.5's fit without problems? Or do the rear doors require slim mount 6.5's? Also, are they in fact 6.5's? The appeared to be, but I didn't break out a tape measure yet. lol

Those with replacement speakers in their rear doors.....

Do regular 6.5's fit without problems? Or do the rear doors require slim mount 6.5's? Also, are they in fact 6.5's? The appeared to be, but I didn't break out a tape measure yet. lol

I have 6.5s all around in the car, youll need an adapter for the front doors since its a 5x7 from the factory, easily made or bought.

Took off entire intake manifold to replace it with an intake that had VICS/VTCS butterflies. I removed them 3 years ago do to the recall VICS work not being done by my local dealer. I should have sued the ***** back then for this! Anyway, the intake that had the butterflies was from a guy (CustomMSP) that his engine caught fire but otherwise it was in working condition except i had to put on my egr valve, and the vacuum solenoids the VICS and VTCS. also had to put my throttle body and all the hoses as hs melted onto the intake in the fire. All in all the job took 15 hours yesterday with a small break for lunch and to pick up parts. I don't want to do this s*** again!

Took off entire intake manifold to replace it with an intake that had VICS/VTCS butterflies. I removed them 3 years ago do to the recall VICS work not being done by my local dealer. I should have sued the ***** back then for this! Anyway, the intake that had the butterflies was from a guy (CustomMSP) that his engine caught fire but otherwise it was in working condition except i had to put on my egr valve, and the vacuum solenoids the VICS and VTCS. also had to put my throttle body and all the hoses as hs melted onto the intake in the fire. All in all the job took 15 hours yesterday with a small break for lunch and to pick up parts. I don't want to do this s*** again!

Yeah that is a b**** of a job. I wish they would have just recalled any of the mazdas that used this system. Mine was not covered and later found screws coming loose in manifold.

Well the job took longer because i originally thought i was going to use my intake and all parts except take out the butterflies from the intake that was given to me and put them in mine because the intake that was given to me was on an engine that was on fire and i thought that may be something wrong with it. But since i had both intakes on the garage floor yesterday there was no damage except any parts that used rubber or plastic. so any rubber/plastic parts i kept from my engine and the rest i used from the one that was given to me. but i do have a extra EGR valve that i dont know if it works or not.
I figured ill let you guys check out my original thread that explains what happened with my VICS and what i ended up doing. here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...eventive-work-not-done-like-it-should-be-help!

McBadass, sorry to hear, man! But hopefully everyone will have full recoveries. P5's can be replaced. Good friends, not so much.

As far as intake mani's, I've done a few and I work turtle speed and they shouldn't take more than 8 hours start to finish. Don't be skeerd. Just make sure you get a new IM and TB gasket or you'll have a lopey idle from a vacuum leak. And good luck with those two 12mm bolts on the ends. Even my lady hands had trouble with them. haha

McBadass, sorry to hear, man! But hopefully everyone will have full recoveries. P5's can be replaced. Good friends, not so much.

As far as intake mani's, I've done a few and I work turtle speed and they shouldn't take more than 8 hours start to finish. Don't be skeerd. Just make sure you get a new IM and TB gasket or you'll have a lopey idle from a vacuum leak. And good luck with those two 12mm bolts on the ends. Even my lady hands had trouble with them. haha

There's a kit from Mazda with all the parts to replace the VTCS screws. The part number is FSY1-13-SRZ and it comes with the manifold gasket, the plenum gasket, TB gasket, EGR gasket, and replacement VTCS screws. It's cheaper to buy that instead of getting everything separately (OMP sells it for $15).

I thought it was the VCIS screws that come loose? Regardless, that's a good deal. OnlineMazdaParts FTW.

Got alot planned for the MP5 tomorrow:
New rotors, and brakes in rear.
Painting brake calipers on all four.
Fix my exhaust leak with the right gasket.
Install Simota CAI, thanks Ken!
Clean out EGR valve,
Clean out MAF sensor.
Change oil and filter, needs to be done way bad.
Clean Headlights, getting the dreaded yellowing from oxidation.
Full detail inside and out.

Hopefully I can get it all accomplished.

Latest posts

Back