What have you done to your P5 today?

uninstalled the Mazdaspeed exhaust today, the winter climate is making it way too loud.
went back to OEM for the winter until spring.
and the DG Lip that's been sitting in my room for the past month is gona get painted and bondo'd in a week or two.

uninstalled the Mazdaspeed exhaust today, the winter climate is making it way too loud.

kinda curious as to how the winter climate make's the exhaust louder never heard of it.My mazdaspeed sounds o so nice.

Last edited:
Tuned the suspension and did some minor fixes that have been bugging me for months. Finally had time to get under the car. Also washed

Chrizzle fo Shizzle

AuxMod - Installed, kinda ghetto, temporary, waiting on more parts...

Celica Clear bumper lights - Installed, kinda like them, kinda don't, couldn't get the "door trim" to look right, so, for now they are installed without it and are not a "perfect" fit. Hope to find a better solution, the "trim" I got at wamalart wasn't very flexible, even with cutting relief's in the back, the front still looked goofy.

Forgot my cleaning "bag" at the house, the dash is still furry...

kinda curious as to how the winter climate make's the exhaust louder never heard of it.My mazdaspeed sounds o so nice.

well iono if you've noticed but if the drone is annoying the hell outta ya at 35mph in 5th gear....then there's definitely something that has to do with the weather. because i never hear drone unless im driving at higher speeds and this is the second winter ive had this exhaust, and if weather didnt effect it, then i think id be running OE all year long.
(no exhaust leak i took a test drive after i put on the oem on the highway (80mph) and it was quiet. the only thing i heard was my AEM SRI whistling.

Today I replaced both drive belts. They failed Friday night on my way home from the office holiday party -lost my power steering just as I was turning out of the parking lot LoL. The belt that works the water pump totally disintegrated while the one that works the power steering just kinda fell off. Next on the list is replacement of my hood release cable. Anyone have any idea how difficult that is? It looks pretty straight forward in the service manual, but then again you never know.

is 215 50 16 too wide for the stock '03 P5 wheels? I see people running them but I have 205's and they look hella wider than the wheel already. Fixed the passenger MM( nut fell off the bolt.

Decided ill leave the MZ6 wheels for sale / trade for awhile longer.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123760228

I run 215/45Zr16 tires on stock 03 rims. 215/50 will be a bit taller than stock

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp
http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp ALL SPECS' EVEN WHEELS SPECS OFFSETS AND ALL

Last edited:
i dropped the p5 off at the inspection station. hopefully everything passes and it can be on to the new owner! that'd kick ass.

I guess I drive in 5th most of the time too, but usually that's above 45 mph.

not me....i drive through the city all the time..and its about a good 20miles through towns..and all the limits are changing but its all good i avg. 32-34mpg in the summer and now im gettin crappy 28-30mpg all city driving.

filled up the other day and ended up gettin 25mpg for that tank. I do maybe 10 miles of freeway driving per tank, everything else is orange county city driving. So I think this is fairly good correct?

put the rack back on and added some christmas lights
gotta get them more secure tomorrow since they bounce and make sound now
DSC01901.jpg

Back