What have you done to your P5 today?

That's going to be a tough fit... I have 17x7 +45 wheels with 215/40 rubber and I'm running -1 degree of camber in the rear and I literally just pass by the fender. Any less camber, or any less offset and they would rub 100%.

did you roll your fenders? i hang out with a bunch of 240 guys, and they all know a thing or 2 about making tight fits work when it comes to wheels.

for some reason, i felt compelled to look at the 1st page of this thread. i happened upon the 3rd reply, and found it oddly... wrong.

i hope didnt bet on this "stupid thread" failing lol.

Stupid thread... and you can't spell... even on your title.

Nice Shoes

Nice Shoes got mine on 5 months ago love them to death but need some good stiff coil overs now!! 19x8 Axis 7evens on 205x35 tight and firm is the way we roll in Hawaii!!! Johnny G
DSC02605[1].jpg

did you roll your fenders? i hang out with a bunch of 240 guys, and they all know a thing or 2 about making tight fits work when it comes to wheels.
Nope, I don't want to take the chance. Where I live they put down a decent amount of salt on the roads during winter - just below the rust belt. I just don't want to give my car any chance of starting to rust. I also see no point in rolling my fenders just for another ~5 mm of clearance. That extra 5 mm on each isn't going to do anything and it's not like there is a 225/x tiresize that will fit our cars while maintaining the stock ratio. If there was more space to be had my ideal wheel/tire setup would be 16x7 +40 wheels and 225/45R16 tires.

Had I known it was going to die this early after he got to AZ, I would have prompted him to buy another car and leave it at my house.

yeah, i think he would have toO!!

BUT, he is still on the fence, if it's just head work that needs done, he's gonna wait till he has a garage and just fix it and keep it

Nope, I don't want to take the chance. Where I live they put down a decent amount of salt on the roads during winter - just below the rust belt. I just don't want to give my car any chance of starting to rust. I also see no point in rolling my fenders just for another ~5 mm of clearance. That extra 5 mm on each isn't going to do anything and it's not like there is a 225/x tiresize that will fit our cars while maintaining the stock ratio. If there was more space to be had my ideal wheel/tire setup would be 16x7 +40 wheels and 225/45R16 tires.

i can understand that. i live near the beach, but not close enough for salt to be an issue. if i ever drive down to galveston, the car gets washed very thoroughly right after leaving.

im gonna install the wheels friday when my black lugs come in, but im gonna wait to post pics until my coilovers get delivered. its gonna look clean (wiggle)

No, i'm not done modding the car, i'm still doing new headlights, gonna be doing a few more interior mods

i'm just done with trying to make power NA.

I just gotta decide if i want to pick it up and strip then boost my car, or, hold out and get a miata

found a loose screw on my fuel pressure regualtor..... and trying to find the amount of tightness it is supposed to be.... or a FPR to replace it with

A miata would be a fun track car (more mods to be fed into) but in my world with 2 kids it's not an option. I have been running around without any turbo and the p5 is still a fun solid car! All except for the blue smoke trail behind me from my turbo seals!

I am sooo ready to get the new turbo strapped on!

man.. i feel ya on that turbo deal... im flying to cali monday to send my turbo stuff out here... then im saving to get my valves adjusted.. the ONLY mechanic in town taht will touch it besides the stealership, wants 65 an hour with the head off the car... what a pain in the freaking ass!!!

I have to figure which would be best off for me

Either way, both pro5's stay, and miata would turn into weekend warrior

It'd be staying 99% stock though, that way if I DO compete, i'd be in stock class

I think maybe wheels would be the biggest mod

I'd stick with getting a miata Tylor...you seem to have enough issues spring up now and them w/ the P5, throw a turbo on that and there could be that many more problems on a car you drive daily...

get the miata, have fun.

I'd stick with getting a miata Tylor...you seem to have enough issues spring up now and them w/ the P5, throw a turbo on that and there could be that many more problems on a car you drive daily...

get the miata, have fun.

I actually just came to that realization this AM

So, sorry chris( i know you can't read this ) but, Miata fits the bill best

Back