What have you done to your P5 today?

Liquid_Ag said:
mmm. i just dunno what to do with the 3rd brakelight
There's a how-to which shows how to install the wing an the guy re-used the stock third brake light in a unique way.

amsgator said:
here's pics from another forum

I'm not looking at a stock one right now, but from those pictures, I don't see enough difference from stock to see the point of paying for the wing, paying to have it painted and figuring out what to do about the brake light. Looks like a lot of money and trouble for very little (if any) improvement.

But if you like it, cheers! (friday)

I have part numbers from TheMAN for the JDM 3rd brake light on the wagon's that didn't come wagons in Japan.

Efern, I hate you!

By the quality of that post, I'm surprised anything got put in! LOL

J/k dude, congrats. Did you just do the sides? I bought the RR Racing front and rear inserts...and then promptly took it to a shop my buddy works at. I don't care what you call me. I've done motor mounts in another car. A timing belt change. A water pump. Multiple suspensions on multiple cars. Exhausts. And some other assorted junk. You couldn't PAY me to do the rear mount on these cars!

aMaff said:
By the quality of that post, I'm surprised anything got put in! LOL

J/k dude, congrats. Did you just do the sides? I bought the RR Racing front and rear inserts...and then promptly took it to a shop my buddy works at. I don't care what you call me. I've done motor mounts in another car. A timing belt change. A water pump. Multiple suspensions on multiple cars. Exhausts. And some other assorted junk. You couldn't PAY me to do the rear mount on these cars!
Try swaping a KLZE into a 96 mx3.....I would rather do the rear mount on my p5 before i try that again.

Foolish said:
I'm not looking at a stock one right now, but from those pictures, I don't see enough difference from stock to see the point of paying for the wing, paying to have it painted and figuring out what to do about the brake light. Looks like a lot of money and trouble for very little (if any) improvement.

But if you like it, cheers! (friday)

(iagree) it looks cool but for everything you have to go through I wouldn't do it. just me

Aem ram air polished intake
Vibrant cat back exhaust
crossed drilled Bembo rotors, JDM spec pads
HKS grounding kit

Soon: Audio, rims and springs

L8R said:
(dance) Congrats

Thanks

Here are some attached pictures until I get off my lazy butt and upload the pictures and make a new thread.

Attachments

• Tucson 06.30.07 108 (Large).jpg
    Tucson 06.30.07 108 (Large).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Tucson 06.30.07 098 (Large).jpg
    Tucson 06.30.07 098 (Large).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Tucson 06.30.07 032 (Large).jpg
    Tucson 06.30.07 032 (Large).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Tucson 06.30.07 013 (Large).jpg
    Tucson 06.30.07 013 (Large).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Tucson 06.30.07 002 (Large).jpg
    Tucson 06.30.07 002 (Large).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 126
^^^Congrats!!!! Looking clean as always!

Today I taped up and stuck my newly painted Protege5 emblem back on the hatch. All badges are painted with Krylon Fusion in satin. I am on the fence on whether or not to paint the entire Mazda symbol or leave the fanged 'M'.

Oh yeah, she is a tad bit dirty...but that is how I like my girs. lol

Attachments

• Copy of P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 001.jpg
    Copy of P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 001.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 107
  • P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 002.jpg
    P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 002.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 113
  • P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 003.jpg
    P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 003.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 114
  • P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 004.jpg
    P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 004.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 106
I'd say either paint the whole logo, or cut off the top and bottom and leave the "M". Especially since the rest of the badges are black. Maybe paint and and cut it.

NIcely done redneck! Love to see your car. Does that thing ever NOT win best of show!?

Anyway, I'm going to do a n00b thing here:
Does anyone know the diameter of the stock MAF?

Back