What have you done to your P5 today?

magnumP5 said:
Yeah I need some way of doing that too. Right now I'm just shoving hot air into her. Too bad that hood with the scoop was discontinued...
I think it helps out alot and I also have my BOV aimed right out of it.LOL! It serves 2 purposes

reynoldsrobbie said:
I think it helps out alot and I also have my BOV aimed right out of it.LOL! It serves 2 purposes
So did you have to modify the DG hood to make it work with the turbo? I'm just interested because the duct would be right above my air filter.

magnumP5 said:
So did you have to modify the DG hood to make it work with the turbo? I'm just interested because the duct would be right above my air filter.
I just cant use the original intake box set up it had. I just have it wide open to cool the engine bay. I have my intake relocated to the bottom of the cars front fender well now.

reynoldsrobbie said:
I just cant use the original intake box set up it had. I just have it wide open to cool the engine bay. I have my intake relocated to the bottom of the cars front fender well now.
So just like an open hole in the hood? I have the MAM FMIC so my filter sits right there in the front, driver's side area.

magnumP5 said:
So just like an open hole in the hood? I have the MAM FMIC so my filter sits right there in the front, driver's side area.
Yup. Just like an open hole with some mesh to keep low flying birds out. LOL! I did a whole custom FMIC and I had no room in the bay for the air cleaner, so I had to go down south.

reynoldsrobbie said:
Yup. Just like an open hole with some mesh to keep low flying birds out. LOL! I did a whole custom FMIC and I had no room in the bay for the air cleaner, so I had to go down south.
Ah I see so problem not a good idea for me as water can probably get in there easily.

magnumP5 said:
Ah I see so problem not a good idea for me as water can probably get in there easily.
the intake system has a plate that goes over the top of the filter and allows water to drain out of the box. I am in SoCal so, no worries for me! LOL!

amsgator said:
SU rings are cheaper by a lot...only diff is you have to polish them. but save 20-30 bux....it's worth it

Um no. DaveB rings are $30.00.. and have better fitment, don't have to be glued in at all ever, etc.

Plus let's not even get in to the fact that SU got banned from here for shady business practices.

Steering business away from reputable and responsible forum vendors who do awesome things for this community = (yupnope)

Kansei said:
Um no. DaveB rings are $30.00.. and have better fitment, don't have to be glued in at all ever, etc.

Plus let's not even get in to the fact that SU got banned from here for shady business practices.

Steering business away from reputable and responsible forum vendors who do awesome things for this community = (yupnope)

i can vouch for the awesome quality of the DaveB rings - as you said, awesome fitment, great price and no reason to use adhesive on them - it just doesnt get any better than that....well maybe winning a million dollars (smash) (cheers)

DaveB FTW!
IMG_1935.jpg

Adhesive? We don need no stinkin adhesive!

Agreed...but I went the brushed route...so I'm not worried about polishing anyway.

I'll jump on the supporting DaveB's rings bandwagon too. The rings and his antenna were the first things I bought for my car. I have had them for probably 3 1/2 yrs and have never had to touch em to keep em in the dash. No glue dots, no nothing. Just a high quality cool looking piece. Plus, Dave is just a pretty cool guy anyway.

before he started making them again, and no one else made them, they were going for 80-100. thats when i bought mine :( plus his come with a nifty dvd! with instructions!

amsgator said:
maybe the prices came down but they used to be like 50 dollars.

I got mine for like.. 26 shipped, new, direct from daveb, with install video :) (band)

the higher price was just the going rate (supply and demand children.. supply and demand) while he wasn't producing them for a few years.

Now that they are back I want more! :D

Back