What have you done to your P5 today?

Bala de Plata said:
I've been holding them for the buyer ... That's still a good price you paid.

IIRC they are not triple chrome plated though... I simply called and gave them the OEM part number I got from McGard. Time to start charging the buyer 'lug rent'....haha

Kansei said:
the mcgard nuts are pimp.. they make really nice stuff. they're also about 40 minutes away from me so if I ever lose my key again instead of ordering one I'll just go there and have them make me one :)
I love my McGard "tuner" lugs as well.
PIAA%2018s%20012.jpg

AlturredMP5 said:
... free set of $400 tires if you spend $900 for $20 worth of work.

That's hilarious... can't imagine anyone going for that. Even if the deal was "Just drive in and we'll give you free OEM tires", I'd still have to think about it for a while. Those Dunlops are so bi-polar... beautiful in dry summer weather, but horrible otherwise. got caught in a snow storm one night and it took me like 3 and 1/2 hours to drive about 50 miles... Ultra High Performance All-Season my ass!!! Needless to say, I switched over to Kumho ECSTA ASX's soon after that -they rock!

CharlyGordon said:
That's hilarious... can't imagine anyone going for that. Even if the deal was "Just drive in and we'll give you free OEM tires", I'd still have to think about it for a while. Those Dunlops are so bi-polar... beautiful in dry summer weather, but horrible otherwise. got caught in a snow storm one night and it took me like 3 and 1/2 hours to drive about 50 miles... Ultra High Performance All-Season my ass!!! Needless to say, I switched over to Kumho ECSTA ASX's soon after that -they rock!

the discount tire in my area just got the kumhos in. they hadnt ever sold anything but dunlop for the past 4 years ive owned the car. so all my tires are kumho now except one. the dunlops do fine in my area tho, cuz its so damn hot. not tonight tho, freeze freeze freeze.

Black_Protege_5 said:
Mcgard lugs are the best. I only paid 120 for my set.
Dollars!? Those things cost almost as much as my ADRs! That's like insurance for your car costing 7k! lol

Kansei said:
We have officially taken this entire page hostage so far haha.

my car is soo happy with the coolant lines attached :)
and DUH, normally cars enjoy coolant. but..your car is much happier BREATHING more:)

AlturredMP5 said:
speaking of insurance, i just sent my check in the mail. anybody else under 25 spending $350/month on insurance?

Mine is just under a thousand a year.. and that's even covering money spent on mods (not including turbo kit because I haven't told them that I spent 4k on a "sound system" yet)

and I'm 20. when I turned 20 my rates plummeted.

well, i think part of it is my deductible. its like $50 with USAA. i know USAA is expensive but they do a hell of a job getting claims taken care of. when my 1st p5 flooded at only 3 weeks old (700 miles), they paid it off and got me an almost identicle p5 in about 2 weeks and paid a hefty down payment for me. and when it got broken into and the cd player was stolen, they had the window replaced the next day and an indenticle cd player was shipped too. so there is an upside to paying a little extra. but there is a down side to USAA IMO. when they stole the H/U, they broke that fake carbon fiber dash peice. i wanted USAA to just send me a check for the cost of a new dash trim and i would replace it myself, but they just ordered one from the dealership and i had to go pick it up and install it. the dealership charged them $450 for that crappy peice, and i wanted to take the check and get the DGM carbon fiber interior package for $320. wouldve saved USAA $ and gotten me what i wanted.

ooo, you wouldn't by chance be parting with the gunmetal ones would you? i'd be very interested... *hint hint*

i'll need to do that plate mod this year... you want to do the drilling for me? i'm not brave enough to do that myself, lol

Kansei said:
Mine is just under a thousand a year.. and that's even covering money spent on mods (not including turbo kit because I haven't told them that I spent 4k on a "sound system" yet)

and I'm 20. when I turned 20 my rates plummeted.

Wait till you turn 25, then you will see some major rate decreases on all kinds of insurance. I just turned 25 last December.

Back