What have you done to your P5 today?

sister n law was in labor and I had to rush with my mom to jhons hopkins, averged about 95 the whole way down rt70 into Bmore

Painted the STB semi-flat black,
Painted the STB Brackets orange.
Mounted my liscense plate to the car without using the mounting plate.
===Nice and clean looking, no "door slam rattle"

Pics comming soon!

JOMO said:
Haha, nice. Lag is what Im pretty sure your experiencing. Now imagine not hitting full boost till about 4900rpms. Thats lag. But by 4k I was at 10psi, then 19psi. If I hit it WOT in 1st and then going through the gears, I didn't have traction till about 75mph. Man, I miss it so so much already.
Good to hear that you are finally boosted. Your gunna love it more and more as you relearn the car now.
Wow, that's insane (burnout)

I threw her outside for the night. Was a bad bad girl. Ok...well...not really. I just needed the garage to clean up the Jeep a bit. Poor P5 stuck in the rain. ...and that's about it.

Well... the turbo build is done!!! I worked until about midnight last night again and then finished up this afternoo around 4 PM. I actually finished the IC piping last night but I spent all day today running the lines for the gauges, BPV, fans, wideband, etc. I still can't find a camera though... this really sucks. Either way, she started up on the first try and seemed to be running strong. I'm still getting squeaks from my belts and it sounds like the midpipe is vibrating against the lower crossmember but other than that I think everything is good. I'm still afraid to take her out though - I'm going to wait until the other little quirks are worked out...

wow! should have had you come and work on mine, though admittedly my issues were with missing parts and not the actual process of the build :p

I made my own hood struts today. Sorry for the night time pics.

Attachments

• DSCN2178.JPG
    DSCN2178.JPG
    577.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN2179.JPG
    DSCN2179.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 139
Let's see...

-Gave her the ol' Sea Foam treatment (upbum)
-Followed that up with an oil change... finally switched to synthetic! :D

Next on the list is a tranny flush/synthetic switch and spark plugs...

CharlyGordon said:
Let's see...

-Gave her the ol' Sea Foam treatment (upbum)
-Followed that up with an oil change... finally switched to synthetic! :D

Next on the list is a tranny flush/synthetic switch and spark plugs...
This might be a dumb question....but whats the seafoam treatment?

reynoldsrobbie said:
its pretty damn easy! Also, only set me back like $32

did you do it without any welding or anything? well even if welding is needed I have a pal up here who has a mig and can weld some stuff .. and if it's stainless stuff I can take it to the place that did a stellar job on my oil pan for my turbo drain.

reynoldsrobbie said:

it's a general-purpose petroleum-based cleaner that you can suck into your intake manifold, put in your gas tank, put in your oil.. or pretty much do anything with.

I did a treatment once on my P5 at around 60k miles and didn't really notice anything. You always run the risk of plugging your car since you're basically steam cleaning carbon out of your engine. I still had/have a crapton of carbon buildup in my head on the exhaust ports, in my intake manifold, etc.

hey

hey jon, why didn't you tell anybody? u asked for extra hands and help then u go and do it yourself....man
magnumP5 said:
Well... the turbo build is done!!! I worked until about midnight last night again and then finished up this afternoo around 4 PM. I actually finished the IC piping last night but I spent all day today running the lines for the gauges, BPV, fans, wideband, etc. I still can't find a camera though... this really sucks. Either way, she started up on the first try and seemed to be running strong. I'm still getting squeaks from my belts and it sounds like the midpipe is vibrating against the lower crossmember but other than that I think everything is good. I'm still afraid to take her out though - I'm going to wait until the other little quirks are worked out...

Kansei said:
did you do it without any welding or anything? well even if welding is needed I have a pal up here who has a mig and can weld some stuff .. and if it's stainless stuff I can take it to the place that did a stellar job on my oil pan for my turbo drain.
no welding. Just drilled a couple of holes and made a mounting plate.

coolness. It's on my to-do list right after the Mazda6 wagon rear wiper swap :)

my list of.. things I will do eventually but really shouldn't because they're 100% just for styling :p

Kansei said:
it's a general-purpose petroleum-based cleaner that you can suck into your intake manifold, put in your gas tank, put in your oil.. or pretty much do anything with.

I did a treatment once on my P5 at around 60k miles and didn't really notice anything. You always run the risk of plugging your car since you're basically steam cleaning carbon out of your engine. I still had/have a crapton of carbon buildup in my head on the exhaust ports, in my intake manifold, etc.
Coolm Thanks. Oh, and nice build by the way! I want to go turbo. I plan on going turbo by the summer. Im going to automotive school right now, because I want to do it by myself.

I did it by myself.. and I'm an IT guy :) no background in mechanical anything haha.

It's a lot of fun, a lot of work.. I guess it's worth it, we'll see if I ever take it to the track and embarrass a civic or two haha.

reynoldsrobbie said:

yeah, what Kansei said. Some people swear by it... My car was running just fine before it, so i didn't notice a major difference. If for nothing else, it's kinda fun to watch all this white smoke (essentially steam) pour out of your exhaust (although your neighbors won't be too thrilled about it).

Back