What have you done to your P5 today?

Went snow drifting....

E brake to be called "JOY STICK" OR "HAPPY HANDLE" from now on.

I took pics and vids with my cell phone and they suk

I was wailing away in all the parking lots that got a few inches.
Even gave my 5 yr old one quick slide in the school lot too

Yeah we got the stock pulley off and realized I would never get the stock belts to work. Had to put it all back together.

But wow what a size/weight difference b/w the stocker and the UDP

My buddy is real worried about me undriving the accessories that much.
I now have the belts ready for the next attempt.

Crazee D said:
Yeah we got the stock pulley off and realized I would never get the stock belts to work. Had to put it all back together.

But wow what a size/weight difference b/w the stocker and the UDP

My buddy is real worried about me undriving the accessories that much.
I now have the belts ready for the next attempt.

yeah the stock pulley is huge and VERY heavy.. the underdrive is featherweight :)

solid cast iron vs dished out aluminium.. hooray :)

that being said I don't have my underdrive pulley on anymore. I had it on for 50k miles though, no problem at all!

well after work today i am supposed to be goin over to Corwin's to install my SS. he was sick last week so it got postponed...so hopefully today it all goes over well. Work is going to be sooooooo slow now :( i only work 3.5 hrs today...but it's going to seem like forever.

Drove the P5 into Atlanta to meet up with the GACC gang. On the way back I had to take evasive action to not hit a "reflector stick" thingy laying in my lane. I checked next to me, all clear, swerved around the stick, then back into my lane, no trouble. Didn't squeal tires, didn't slide, didn't even lean. I'm loving the suspension set-up on this beastie! :D

If I'd been driving a "normal" car, I'd have been all over the road, trying to keep control. If I'd been in an SUV, I'd have rolled over 6 times and exploded. Of course, in an SUV, I could have just passed right over the thing. The only reason I really had to dodge the stick in the first place is that the P5 was too low to pass over it!

Last edited:
Braved the zero degree weather to perform the very difficult 'antenna swap'. Got the CX-7 antenna from Jason and http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/ Saved myself $6 and change from my local dealer and even got it faster. +++reps to 'Baggie'.

i friggin traded it in like a dumbbutt.. funny story of how im goign to be coming into a msp tho.. the story includes.. suspended license.. snow..snowplow..dui..to many hospital bills from when i wrecked my bike.. chapter 7... crazy stuff

Crazee D said:
Went snow drifting....

E brake to be called "JOY STICK" OR "HAPPY HANDLE" from now on.

I took pics and vids with my cell phone and they suk

I was wailing away in all the parking lots that got a few inches.
Even gave my 5 yr old one quick slide in the school lot too

Fun in the snow continues....more tail-happy, e-brakin and ice slidin!

Crazee D said:
Fun in the snow continues....more tail-happy, e-brakin and ice slidin!

just make sure there isn't any "hitting the jersey barrier on the highway".. I saw WAY too many accidents as they happened this morning. I saw a minivan fly off the road (mind you.. traffic speed at the time was 25-30mph), hit an embankment, and roll over.. I just hope it wasn't full of kids. The City of Rochester being ill-prepared for typical seasonal weather strikes again, the salt mixture we have here doesn't work when it's -5F oops!.. idiots

I saw at least 20 accidents (only saw 4 accidents as they happened, the others I just saw driving by) in a 10 mile stretch of highway.. craziness. they actually shut the highway down 20 minutes after I managed to get to work (took 90 minutes, usually takes 20) because they determined it was too dangerous.. yeah duh. My school was open today though (first)

How does the ole P5 do in snow and icey road conditions? When we get 2" of snow in middle Tennessee people freak out, close school, buy up all the bread and milk and shut down business.

Literally. I'm not exaggerating.

dave45090 said:
How does the ole P5 do in snow and icey road conditions? When we get 2" of snow in middle Tennessee people freak out, close school, buy up all the bread and milk and shut down business.

Literally. I'm not exaggerating.

It does incredibly well with a set of Blizzak WS-50s or REVO-1s... sooo good.

Installed Magnecor wires

BEFORE:
21bb48d9cc24.jpg

AFTER:
c36ef0695fa3.jpg

Noticed a an awsome difference in engine performance. Smoother idal, engine sounds better, and its a great appearance upgrade.

Also installed new Duralast batterie and got rid of the stock (dead cell) panasonic batterie. I had no idea panasonic made car batteries, let alone that mazda used them as there stock batteries. Heres a pic of the new setup:
c9f23298a407.jpg

mazdaspeed777 said:
Installed Magnecor wires

BEFORE:
21bb48d9cc24.jpg

AFTER:
c36ef0695fa3.jpg

Noticed a an awsome difference in engine performance. Smoother idal, engine sounds better, and its a great appearance upgrade.
Wow, I didn't notice anything with those. I got mine used off another member here for like $50 with new coil packs. I just liked the fact that they were red 9and the possibility of a slight performance increase).

Latest posts

Back