What have you done to your P5 today?

Walked past it again in the shop, and noticed spiderwebs on the lift. My wheels will get here.....eventually
and maybe Ill drive it around the block before I park it again for another 6 months (cryhard)

I'm still torn guys. As of right now I have my car parked and am going to attempt to replace and repair what I need to get it running. I can put a rough list up but it's been a tough few weeks trying to figure out my financial situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chasing clunks, discovering more rust and accident-related problems. Removed rear sway bar and endlinks to eliminate that as a cause of the clunk and still clunking. Figure it's either strut related or something's loose.

On the bright side, I still get 27/gal, so that's nice. Lol

Looking at an 02 P5 tomorrow. If the pictures are anything to go by, I really hope it's as nice in person as it seems. Lots of handling goodies too, which is brilliant. And southern car. I will rustproof till I can't rustproof anymore. :)

Chasing clunks, discovering more rust and accident-related problems. Removed rear sway bar and endlinks to eliminate that as a cause of the clunk and still clunking. Figure it's either strut related or something's loose.

On the bright side, I still get 27/gal, so that's nice. Lol

Looking at an 02 P5 tomorrow. If the pictures are anything to go by, I really hope it's as nice in person as it seems. Lots of handling goodies too, which is brilliant. And southern car. I will rustproof till I can't rustproof anymore. :)

is it the dark blue one that's in the classifieds with all the handling goodies?

is it the dark blue one that's in the classifieds with all the handling goodies?
Yiss!

Seller says the clearcoat is gone in some spots, hopefully it's not dreadful...

If it is good, I'll buy. If not, I can let y'all know what I found "iffy"

Only concern is mileage, but I'm commuting back and forth between school. I can work on sourcing a spare motor and just refreshing that in the meanwhile.

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

yeah i really liked that one but it was too far from me. if taken care of the higher mileage should be ok.

He sent me the Carfax and it has him having done 20k/yr, so I trust it was more highway miles than anything.

I spoke to him a bit and he's also got an S2K, so I hope that means he treats his toys well. Found a 6 wagon w/ a stick so that's why the P5 is going.

I'm gaining miles if I go to this from mine (117 to 190), but I like the blue along with what's been done to the car. (And no rust) I still enjoy chucking mine into corners and smiling.

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

yeah i was looking for a blue or a white one. ended up replacing my current daily that was a black civic to a black p5 lol. oh well. embrace the darkness

Lol I almost bought (well, asked dad to help me buy) a silver first gen MS3. That was rusty.

It seems my state leaves no car un-rusted!

Isn't white supposed to be uber rare or something?

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

Installed a LED strip on my hatch that's wired to the trunk light switch so it turns on when I open the hatch. Its about 8" long and bright as sh!t. Lights up about 3' inside the car and about 20' away from the back of the car. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

Restored my headlights, replaced alternator and AC belt; and mid-way through painting center console trim black! Then all thats left maintenance wise are engine mounts and a new battery!

Pulled the heads from a junkyard motor for my KL swap. Took much longer then I thought do to a stubborn cam gear bolt. Got there at 9:30 and left at 4:30.
Probably would have been easier to pull the whole motor, but I'm budgeting everything so I will go back for the block if its still there on a later date. Pretty excited

Bought an 02 22A 188k mile P5 because I'm a lunatic.

Gonna swap the parts with my 22V and sell or scrap it. Rusty and clunky. It's been a nice journey, but stepping into something in better condition that I now know what to keep an eye on is a better move on my part. This chassis is still fun to drive, and slow car fast...

Got to do a timing belt and water pump and I'll be transferring insurance to it.

It's funny because it's $230 cheaper per year going from an 03 ABS side airbag car to an 02 non-ABS or side airbag... Must be value or something...

I'll post pics tomorrow as the fog from horror movies has set in this evening... Lol

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

Had the alternator go out on me on the highway at 6am. Bought a re-manufactured alternator and then noticed there was a crack in the radiator so I ended up replacing that as well. Purchased a Spectra Premium CU2303 radiator off of Amazon used my rewards points, worth the $80. Car is running great, will have to replace battery down the line though. Ordered some Mazda 2 HVAC knobs to swap out too on ebay for about $9, great deal. I'll get around to that eventually.

The p5 is down for the next couple weeks. Clutch and rear main seal need replacing (going with a legit clutch this time), front motor mount bushing needs to be replaced and the bearings in my turbo are worn out so that needs to be rebuilt as well lol.

I bought a donor for the repairs on my Protege5. I'm really excited to get my baby back up and running. The donor I has is in good shape and I'm planning on doing a full interior swap and a few extra upgrades!

I haven't been active on here in a while. Had a minor fender bender (hood/grill and bumper mounts were muffed), and Nationwide is totaling the car. Was a very long struggle with them. But, I will say more about it later. So recently, I removed the upgrades coils/wire, ECU, and most of the audio. There are still a lot of performance parts left on the car, and I hate to see the car get taken away with good parts still on it. I just don't have convenient access to the car, nor a lift, to remove the remaining bits. Very sad, debating on finding a 6 hatch to replace it with as I can't keep putting all these miles on the RX8. :(

Anything that I can do about this?
10aa117123973b036c5779348547bcd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The auto collision shop that quoted my damage must have over looked this. I've already bought a donor car so I'm nervous I won't be able to fix/work around this and I'm out the money I spent on the donor. Any ideas on what I can do. The damage is on the driver side behind the headlight where people like to put CAI

Back