What have you done to your P5 today?

Good question Evan, my remote is sitting in the bottom of the center console. Only reason I wanted to try the app out is I now have my phone on a vent mount just above the radio. Rather than reach underneath it (which isn't terribly bad) I thought I'd be one of the cool tech savvy kids and use my phone to control volume, track/playlist selection, etc.

Yep and what I thought until I found out the damn thing was a piece of poo. According to JVC's site there is a 'smart remote app' in the droid playstore but I couldn't find it, only the 'smart music app' which is horrible!!! If you have an iphone though you are in luck as there were several iphone apps...again if you choose to go with the JVC. The app I want is listed at the bottom of the link.

http://mobile.jvc.com/apps.jsp

Oh yeah, congrats on the album Cam!!! :D

I finally got a exhaust bolt off after about 3 hours of trying with PB blaster and a torch hoping to get the rest off tonight after work but i know thats not realistic lol.

I feel your pain. I ended up grinding mine off, they were rusted so solid.

The location of the radio in my Civic is a bit of a reach from the drivers seat. The remote comes in handy for that. I never used my remote in the P5.

But how can you hold a remote in your paw while driving a manual? That just seems awkward. Haha

I just never understood the point of holding a remote in your hand while driving when the stereo controls are right there. But the volume controls on the steering wheel are awesome in newer cars.

But how can you hold a remote in your paw while driving a manual? That just seems awkward. Haha

I just never understood the point of holding a remote in your hand while driving when the stereo controls are right there. But the volume controls on the steering wheel are awesome in newer cars.

I just kept the remote sitting near the ebrake and grabbed it when I needed it. I primarily drive highway so it was easy.

I feel your pain. I ended up grinding mine off, they were rusted so solid.

Ya both of the spring bolts gave me about 3 hours each and a sore arm the next day ha. Now having an issue getting the header off the car any suggestions?

Steering wheel controls are awesome...

Not always so: I drove my dads ms3 last night. That thing has 18(?) buttons on the steering wheel alone. It took me more time to take my eyes off the road and find the volume buttons than to just turn the volume knob on the dashboard.

I cannot find a tutorial on a better way to get the header off anywhere i just can't get this thing to come off! lol all bolts have been removed all o2 sensors have been removed its like its just floating in mid air but it won't come out lol.

You unbolted it from the midpipe right? There are a bunch of 12mm bolts/nuts on there, sure you didn't miss one? There is the spring like O2 sensor cable holder thing too, did you unbolt that? A header swap isn't a hard job.

I remember doing a B-series swap on my friends EG and we were pulling the motor only to realize the shift linkage was still connected. Haha, thankfully he had a spare.

Bingo. I forgot about the EGR pipe running to the header. I'll bet your that's holding you up and making it "float". Get yourself a big pair of channel locks and PB Blaster.

Last edited:
I drove my dads ms3 last night.

I test drove a ms3 today... Oh my gosh I think I've found my next car when im out of college. I was not expecting the dealership guy to let me touch it but he was a okay with it. I think my clutch is on its way out though. My gripping point is entirely linear. Less I apply the clutch, more it grabs whereas in the ms3, there was the dead zone area and then it bit quite quickly. Can anyone offer input there?? Ill save up just in case it ends up being the clutch. I hope it isn't but with 90k almost, maybe the PO was a little harsh on it? Not to be sexist in any way, she was a high school girl a few years ago. I didnt meet her or the "real" PO. I bought it off some guy who was flipping it. Either way...

A high school girl who drove a manual P5? Pics or it didn't happen. lulz.

Ill have to get back to you on that -_-

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=50C06A9C62DCD437!551&authkey=!ADJHYywX5A_CBDM

Here's the passes from the high school. And the guy I bought it off of said that it was the sellers daughters car. Also, I found a container of lip gloss under the seat. That could have been a girlfriend, yes, but I just dont think so.

I asked the seller for the POs number just to ask a few random questions and perhaps catch up with him. I dont expect him to want to, in which case I cant complain. There's a few things up with this car that have been irking me. The windshield was replaced, rear pass taillamp replaced, headlights replaced, front bumper looks to have been resprayed but no damage visible from behind, dome light wires were pulled, tweeters in sail pannels weren't hooked up. Just little things. I own the car now so its not like I can b**** to him about it. Im just wondering what sort of mess I got myself into is all!

Back