What have you done to your P5 today?

took 2x bags of receipts/drink bottles/crap out of the car this afternoon, followed by a good vacuuming, and finishing up with amoralling all the interior plastics (bar the painted bits), damn inside of the car hasnt been soo clean in 6-8mths! :D

Also debating on whether to take the lip off or not - until it gets painted...

JDM tails sooo close!
Im gonna get the white tinted.
Fiddled with my audio found out I need to re-sodder the RCAs on one amp and found the remote wire had came loose in the other.

Just to give you an indication what it would look like:

2011-06-28202124.jpg

Eww, dislike tinted JDM tails. It doesn't seem to flow very well. Fish pointed out my turn signals are "salmon" colored on my JDM tails. Turns out they had those red caps over the bulbs. Fark that nonsense, so they're back to orange bulbs. :)

i know what they look like, Jay knows what i meant.. I've always wanted a set..
That reply was for iJay, never saw yours till now ( I generally just browse posts, dont read every one of the ;))
Eww, dislike tinted JDM tails. It doesn't seem to flow very well. Fish pointed out my turn signals are "salmon" colored on my JDM tails. Turns out they had those red caps over the bulbs. Fark that nonsense, so they're back to orange bulbs. :)

Yeah I agree, doesnt flow well, I thought about getting the tail light laminate from Lamin-X but cant see the benefit, against a colour like Midnight Blue, the red really brightens up the rear ;)

^
If that was true, I would have just stayed with the stock tail lights, there is alot of red if not more than JDM tail. The tinted part will only be over the white where the turn signal and reverse lights are.

I'd love to get the VTCS valves removed from mine... but I think that screws with my ST classification. Nobody would ever know, but I'd still rather not do it.

Two questions:

1) Just how much do you think it's going to improve power?
2) Are you winning class by leaps and bounds, making people question your car?

In my region, my P5 was nowhere near competitive, and while I could easy blame that on the driver, I had others ride along and they even said "Man... with our courses, your car is just too slow"

That's the reason I ask.

Two questions:

1) Just how much do you think it's going to improve power?
2) Are you winning class by leaps and bounds, making people question your car?

In my region, my P5 was nowhere near competitive, and while I could easy blame that on the driver, I had others ride along and they even said "Man... with our courses, your car is just too slow"

That's the reason I ask.

1. I realize that the power gain is beyond minimal, meaning that going to the trouble of doing it unless the manifold is off in the first place is kinda silly. Regardless, I figure I may have it off for some reason one of these days, and I'll have this debate with myself again.
2. Neither the P5 nor my own abilities are competitive (yet, hopefully, in my case). But, I still don't like the idea of bending rules, since "it didn't make much of a difference anyway" sounds pretty bad IMO. ST isn't extremely competitive in my region, and I may win eventually (when that one guy is out of town (headshake ).

do you have the MP3 ecu? I dont' know how the books work since it is still an OEM Mazda part.

But the ECU with VTCS gone just makes the car run smoother

I think it's very noble of you to not break the rules, no matter how minimal, in your class.

This has bean beaten to death and we all know the N/A FS-DE isn't the best motor for power. But if the mod is only $20 then why the heck not? If anything you'll learn more about your car, the light port and polish you'll do and all wrenching, no matter how small, will make you a better mechanic. And like I said, I noticed a notable gain after 4k rpm. If I didn't feel a difference I would've said so. :)

Got my Focal amps in and sub in temporarily in my suck-ass bassworx box that I got for $16 while I finish the actual audio build...eventually. I missed having audio.

1. I realize that the power gain is beyond minimal, meaning that going to the trouble of doing it unless the manifold is off in the first place is kinda silly. Regardless, I figure I may have it off for some reason one of these days, and I'll have this debate with myself again.
2. Neither the P5 nor my own abilities are competitive (yet, hopefully, in my case). But, I still don't like the idea of bending rules, since "it didn't make much of a difference anyway" sounds pretty bad IMO. ST isn't extremely competitive in my region, and I may win eventually (when that one guy is out of town (headshake ).

Oh, I hear ya. But if you can find me a form of motorsports where everyone follows every single rule to the T without bending it a little, I'll give you a cookie. Best thing you can do with your car is get seat time anyway. One day, everything will fall into place.

do you have the MP3 ecu? I dont' know how the books work since it is still an OEM Mazda part.

But the ECU with VTCS gone just makes the car run smoother

I think that one is on the fence, but leans toward the side of being allowed. I can't remember for sure.

Been dealing with a clunky rear swaybar, the (relatively new) links are tight as hell but it still makes noise.

Also just ordered new rear and transaxle mounts from OMP, hopefully they'll get delivered by the end of the week. I'm tired of having a floppy engine.

New bushings man.

Picked up a new air filter as my semi- new one decided to eject itself off of my intake pipe.....

This week I'm going to try and make a cold air box to make sure that doesnt happen again.

I have brand new bushings!

I really don't care, the whole rear suspension needs to be replaced (still original after 170K+ km) but I don't want to shell-out for that at the moment. If the car survives the coming winter I'll get new parts :)

Back