What have you done to your P5 today?

10-Aug

Removed the roof rack rails, removed the front license plate bracket, and removed the silly-@ss dealer emblem. Heavily deodorizing the smoker scent.

^^ you can put little plugs in the holes left from the front license plate bracket. What color is your Protege5 (sorry if you already mentioned it)? If it's sunlight silver you can pick up Duplicolor Ford Silver Metallic at an auto parts store and it's the closest match I've ever seen to the stock color.

oh i see you and kudakev are following each others footsteps with the JDM look, socom get sum other kind of gold rims and a HKS axleback and yur set and kudakev should also get some sort of HKS axleback or a custom N1 style muffler angled so it finishes his JDM look!! both of yur cars are coming along nice and hot!
you know what... I think it looks good... it's different.... I was impressed

thanks guys i appreciate it.i only wish that my car turns out like kudakev's.that thing is sweeeeet!i like where you put the green leaf badge,i was worried about it getting stolen so i put it in the window.

kudakev615 said:
finally took pics of the most recent mods. nothing special but its coming along. let me know what you think:

Great pics! Glad to hear you didn't suffer any flood damage, and I have always liked bronze on red....Great choice!

socommatthews said:
i know its dirty but its supposed to rain until sunday so she'll have to wait.anyway i finally installed my HKS super mega flow intake today and a couple weeks ago i installed my MP3 springs and a 2-way FM alarm so nobody f@#ks with my shiznit.

Looking good, always nice to see classic red (read (first) ) (peep)

cable43 said:
BROKE MY FUKIN SWAY BAR BRACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snapped it right in two off of the rear sub frame.

yeah I'm afraid to unbolt mine when I try to re-lube the racing beat rear sway bar... if I recall correctly the sway bar bracket wasn't too happy about being bolted to the P5 rear subframe.

The only reason that I'm driving a Mica Black p5 and not a Red one is b/c the red mas manual, and the wife won't learn to drive it. Plus when the baby comes in Oct., I'll need as little extra distraction as possible. Had I gone red, though, I would've went with bronze/copper rims and yellow tinting on the fogs/headlaps.
Kansei-I think that I'll find some small trim plugs and just fill in the holes that way. Can't afford to repaint the whole thing...Uintl I get a cool lip to add on..

Liquid_Ag said:
i fixed the clunk. finally.

thought i did this a couple weeks ago.....i think i heard it today again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)

does this have the hard to find 10-speed transmission?

altspace said:
Not a P5, but you can grab this Dodge Viper for $100!

viper.jpg

Today i killed hundreds of bugs...comming back to houston from mexico..but hey...I got good gas mileage though....made it all the way back on one tank of gas...(first)

tengoestetempo said:
what buisness were u doing in mexico? buisness? i love how the p5 gets good highway gas mileage

nah, my b/fs grandma passed away tuesday morning...so we left tuesday and came back today...

Thanks...the car was great though...never over heated..never made any funny noises...only had to fill up twice for the whole trip...it was pretty cool...and everyone in Mexico loved it...

I got my b/f into mazdas when we got together...and so his mom bought a white P5 last year and everyone loved that one...but they say mine is cooler cuz it's yellow :-D hehe

This weekend I get to wash all the dead bugs off...fun stuff...they liked my car too cuz it was yellow...little did they know their fate by going towards it...muahaha

Protege52003 said:
thought i did this a couple weeks ago.....i think i heard it today again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)(pissed)
do brianmp5t's grommet bushing fix. its amazing. the car feels rock solid, not like the omg the rear subframe is falling off, the world is ending and did that little rock cause that

I took off the roof rack crossbars because tomorrow morning it's getting a wash/clay/wax job. It's too difficult to get to the entire roof with the crossbars, so off they came. Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't give me the filler caps when I bought it =(.

Has anybody washed their car with the crossbars removed and without the filler caps? I'm afraid of leaks, so I'm thinking of covering the openings with duct tape until I get everything completed. I'm going to try and find the fillers here or on ebay, but I need to come up with something for tomorrow.

Back