What have you done to your P5 today?

I bought a set of nearly new Dunlop Graspic DS-2 195/55/15 snow tires already mounted on some decent wheels for $325.

Installed the 35w 6k $52.00 HIDs. Crazy difference, love it. It is like I've been driving with my mt bike lights & now have real lights. Brights are pointless & fogs aren't even noticeable. Nobody was flashing their brights so I guess they're pointed good. Lights up like 100 yards like daylight & everything reflecterized for 1/2 or more mile lights up. Everyone's license plates reflect the 6k color off them, lol. The bulbs fit the housings just like the oems, made a couple of brackets for the ballasts to hang off secure mounting points, everything went in perfect. Very worthy mod, best one in a long time.

Got owned by my right front wheel bearing.

At least the hub is reassembled, pretty sure the bearing is going to fail a lot sooner than normal. Chalk that one up for a learning experience. Should be a lot smoother doing the left. Plus I purchased a real mans shop press from harbor freight as I couldn't get the bastard back together with what I had. Figured its worth it, should have bought it a long time ago instead of the weak sauce bench top model (almost worthless as a press, at least for wheel bearings and anything taller than 5").

hmm how did I manage that, a double post....

I noticed my ac light is flickering as well, in the 2 position and only when I move it from off as it passes 2. If I go from 4 to 1 and back to 4 it doesn't flicker at 2.

Last edited:
Those front wheel bearings suck ass. I did the drivers side twice.

Yup Yup. Ok I now have a comparison video post turbo. First vid is after I put the corksport exhaust on while I was still NA. Second is just a few hours ago that I took with the turbo.

i've had my p5 for almost 2 weeks now and i don't wanna post a pic yet because its still stock and plain....... but i've clay-barred, removed the pin stripes, buffed the yellowing from the headlights and fixed all the crazy belt squeeling (which seems to be a common thing for these cars)!!! so now its starting to look and run good now.

i've had my p5 for almost 2 weeks now and i don't wanna post a pic yet because its still stock and plain....... but i've clay-barred, removed the pin stripes, buffed the yellowing from the headlights and fixed all the crazy belt squeeling (which seems to be a common thing for these cars)!!! so now its starting to look and run good now.

you must post pics anyways

Eibach/Tokico's removed, DaveBs removed, Tribute wiper stalk removed, Mazda6 rear wiper removed, amp and wiring kit and sub removed, Gauges and sammich plate removed, MSP shifter and knob removed, MP3 ECU swapped back to stock with Jerry, Removed strut bar, removed Injen intake, intake manifold swapped back to stock, wheels back to stock, and . . . . i think that's it.

drove the P5 for a while ac is doing great and no flicker.....went to the pull a part and here is the story...

Walked over to the import section, start off with first row. Im just looking for mazdas , wanted a valve cover, p5 parts or msp. About five cars in I see a protege, i was going to take the emblem off the trunk and give it to someone on here when it hits me . its an MSP. car had an engine fire . So I Looked under the car, Rear Sway Bar , front and rear brakes no damage. Also has Skunk2 coilovers with blues . fronts struts burned . I instantly went to work and took off all the brakes. Passenger front has a racing hart wheel with 4 missing lugs but stuck on with a wheel lock. So I took the caliper bolts off and I hid the rear rotors till Monday , half off all parts .lol So I bought 3 brake calipers, front rotor , heat shield , 2 wheel studs ,gas cap and 6 lug nuts. Tomw ill get the rear rotors and front strut bar ( just needs sanding and paint or powdercoat) .

* the big ? is how to get that wheel lock off. I tried vice grips and no luck what so ever.

Back