What have you done to your P5 today?

did the bc install yesterday. stock endlinks were all shot. need to get another set since the bc's onlu come with one pair. Once that is done it will be great.

When I installed them we didnt put them to full drop. they still have some room. need to pull and roll the back tho. they are hitting on bad bumps.

So far soo good.

photo-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Damn. Your car looks awesome. I'm stewing in my own envy for all these users who know how to work on their own car. (bowdown)

did you paint this circled item? if so, how did you paint it? howd you take it off?

i painted mine flat black, what u have to do is open the hatch, and look at the back of it, youll see this huge plastic cover
this is a pain in the ass to get off, u have to get a flat tip screw driver thats relatively long and wedge it in there slowly, the plastic thing is only held on by clips
wedge and wedge until u here the clips popping out, then when u can fit ur hand in there make like really quick jerks to the cover and the clips will come out easy

then all u have to do is look at the back of the hatch that u exposed and u'll see what u have to loosen to take that part off, its like 4 nuts

hope that made sense
oh and u have to take two bolts off on the outside of it too, its not that hard

i am driving with the stock row boat shifter...

i don't see how you guys do it daily!

I only had the stock shifter in for one trip around the block before i came back inside and bought a MSP short shifter after selling the TWM.

Why you may ask did i sell the TWM? Putting the car back to stock, but, i can't do the stock shifter. lol.

And the MSP shifter is still OEM Mazda protege parts.....

s_dde_p5_1.jpg
s_dde_p5_3.jpg

anybody have these from xenon expert? (I know Tylor did a custom job)

i don't have angel eyes on mine.

And from what i've heard, they are hit and miss. Rings go as do the power units.

As to the lip, it's currently in the stack wiht everything else that's come off the car.

Waiting to find out what's happening with the car before anything goes up for sale

If i gotta put a new motor in outa my pocket, i'm just keeping the car and putting everything back on it

If warranty pays it and it isn't too bad, i'll relist the car FS and once it sells, i'll sell off all the mods

oh ok...cuz i really want that lip lol
i heard they were back ordered and even ken is having a hard time finding some

but if u do sell ur mods, make sure u pm me about the lip, i call pre-dibs lol

Mazda discontinued em

And, sadly, i've got like 3 people already calling pre-dibs, and ive had to tell em all sorry

I won't be keeping track of who calls what cause i got too much stuff to keep track of

You are gonna have a hard time welding in an 02 bung into the Ractive header

Trust me, i wasted one in welding one into mine.

You can leave it unplugged and get a CEL, or, have an 02 bung welded into the midpipe then either pick up the MSP extention or just cut and splice your wires

I have heard of issues with it rubbing the oil pan but it can work. I wasn't worried about it as my plans were moving the second O2 sensor to the MSP midpipe.

I recommended the bung being welded into the stock midpipe as well.

s_dde_p5_1.jpg
s_dde_p5_3.jpg

anybody have these from xenon expert? (I know Tylor did a custom job)

I WAS gonna get them when I swapped my headlights for p5 headlights but they discontinued them. I sent my money for them and they refunded me the next day saying they don't have them anymore :'(

I have heard of issues with it rubbing the oil pan but it can work. I wasn't worried about it as my plans were moving the second O2 sensor to the MSP midpipe.

I recommended the bung being welded into the stock midpipe as well.

Jeg figured an easy fix for the header rubbing the oil pan, cause mine started to about a month ago.

He cut a rectangle of header wrap, doubled it over, and stuffed it between the header and oil pan, then we retightened the header down and it has been in there for 2 weeks now with no more sound of rubbing

i dunno. i tighten till they stop.

I got no torque wrench....

i know, i fail

I WAS gonna get them when I swapped my headlights for p5 headlights but they discontinued them. I sent my money for them and they refunded me the next day saying they don't have them anymore :'(

Stupid dated websites..(argh)

Latest posts

Back