What have you done to your MSP today?

Lol. Sorry guys but I have to progress. Life is about progression. I'm ready for something else.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Has a small water pump leak (replacing a water pump costs around $300)
Exhaust manifold has hairline cracks on it which causes rough idle when warming up (infamous hesitation)
The front passenger door lock actuator is bad so you have to manually lock it.
Horn doesn't work.

question guys before i go mindfuck myself on google MORESO.

there is a little bit or a rattle when letting the clutch out. and at certain rpm and load conditions.. under coast in gear there is nothing, at full load nothing, but with light load ill sometimes hear a little chatter and if i add more load it will go away. doesn't seem consistant with a knock or something. i thought it might be a axle chattering but nah.

question guys before i go mindfuck myself on google MORESO.

there is a little bit or a rattle when letting the clutch out. and at certain rpm and load conditions.. under coast in gear there is nothing, at full load nothing, but with light load ill sometimes hear a little chatter and if i add more load it will go away. doesn't seem consistant with a knock or something. i thought it might be a axle chattering but nah.
Sounds like some sympathetic harmonics. You know where is Regis certain RPM or something and it causes a rattle because that thing rattles at that specific harmonic. For your pics screws were rattling around inside your engine lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

It prob is that simple but I have to explain it to a buyer lol... Ah well. Engines coming out for new clutch. It definitely sounds like something loose. If it was a bearing ect id hear it all the time.

meh... i dont wanna spend a lot of time on it now. i want to get rid of the p5 before the end of the month, so ill prob just put my msp engine with lower milage in it with my spare trans. no weird noises.

but i guess both engines/trannies will be out, so i could just change the bearing for s****. its not that expensive.

i like the is300 and g35. i wanted a is300 pretty badly when i sold the MSP. but couldnt find a good chassis for a good price
I know me too. The only thing I don't like is the fact that they're slow. I'm afraid I might get bored of it especially if it's automatic. I'm not a big modder so I know I can make it fast but prefer it to be at least quick out the box. But then again that reliability is priceless. Well see

Spendsometime prepping the p5 for the big day. Have two fade's on theport floor. One has to go in and get built and running by sunday. The other should be able to run by monday but i dont think i have all the parts heh. Fun times. Do i trust a 315km p5 trans that ive left out since july? Only otheroption is map trans with floaties in its dif <_<

$300 for a water pump? I dontthink my wifes replacment was more than $140 cdn when it blewup. None if those issues are major. Hopefully someone here picks your mspup.
Wont lie. Tempted to get rid of mine and get an ms6... Still 10k though and i dont want to get in debt for cars ever again.

welp. almost done...

all i had to do this weekend; Pull two fsde engines, install a clutch on one, figure out which of three trans was the best one to be sold, reinstall the engine, plug the oil return hole i made, which i was thankfully able to find an approrpiate tap locally on a sunday to do, hook everything back up, install all new brakes in all corners, and few things annoy me quite as much as the glide sleeves of brake pads... now i have to try to seperate the msp exhaust, but its pretty seized and i might ahve to cut it. almost ready to lower the car. all hydraulics primed, just need a quick bleed. hook up the battery, fill coolant and oil... fabricate an intake...

sheesh. i dunno if it was quicker pulling the engine to do a clutch change and stuff but it was sure easier to deal with the trans and stuff. doubt ill have the msp together anytime soon, so i might ahve to find a $500 beater. there is a 1985 318 for sale i might get.. could prob get it for $650. pro resell it for the same.

wish i could just keep the p5, but its worth too much.

I'm having fun going through the process of changing out dash boards and finding out what I have to do to transfer the VIN plate. Fun stuff...

yesterday i finished rebuilding my p5 back to stock. tonight i got the clutch and trans assembled to my msp, and dropped the motor in. have to return the hoist tommorrow. hopefully i have all the little nuts and bolts and stuff to finish putting it together but that stuff is easy to get if not. trying to sell p5 before end of month. might have to aggressivly price it. washed it today, vac'd and she is all ready.
the cat has a leak that allows exhaust to escape into the engine bay which sucks... but i dont have another cat setup to replace it with. considering all the other stuff thats new on taht car though, someone else can replace it if it bothers them.

now my turbo blows a helluva lot of oil out the exhaust side.. i think alamo was rebuilding his with a generic kit.. ill have to check up with him. might run my msp na til i can solve that problem as the turbo doesnt really have any play and spools as it should.

i dunno if i got an answer about this but there is an m24 turbo for sale locally cheap.. since my stock one has an m24 plate on it, would this be a suitable cheap replacement? trying to get some details from the seller about it.

Back