What have you done to your MSP today?

blehs.. i really want RH's Back =( wanna get some nice classy oem wheels for the p5. try to get away from the aftermarketness of my rays.

My freshly built (by someone else) 377 mile forged engine needs a timing belt. The belt walked off the cams, destroyed the timing covers, and killed itself. I heard some rubbing when I last drove it a couple weeks ago but couldn't pinpoint the sound when I pulled over so I went on home... I have to dig deeper into into it to figure out what went wrong, but I don't have time to mess with it right now.

Oh no.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Indeed

uploadfromtaptalk1446426980502.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446426992094.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jesus, Idk why but when the timing belt goes on a protege, they can never go easily. They just always self destruct everything lol
Ive seen quite a few like this in person, Last one I did had the tensioner spring EMBEDDED into the belt somehow

I'm considering selling the black car. A customer has a very low mileage spicy he'd sell me. I love spicy and if I'm going to keep one around that's really the color I want. I obviously have to get the timing belt sorted and fix the underlying problem, but after a bit more tuning it'll be fully sorted and stupid fast. I don't know that I ever posted the full build list:

PEP Manifold
PEP Downpipe
PEP Intercooler and Pipes
PEP Radiator
PEP Intake
PEP Oil Pan Baffle
Custom 3" exhaust
Unichip with fuel, timing, and boost control
GT2860RS
K1 Rods
Wiseco Pistons
Gasket matched head, extensive pnp on the bowls
Welded Diff
PLX wideband, boost, and DM100 gauging
South Bend Stage 2 Drag Clutch
HKS BOV
Motor Mounts
Jay Racing Fuel Rail
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
565 cc injectors

And on hand, but not yet istalled:
Projector Retrofits
STI BBS Wheels
Tokico Illuminas

Last edited:
I'm considering selling the black car. A customer has a very low mileage spicy he'd sell me. I love spicy and if I'm going to keep one around that's really the color I want. I obviously have to get the timing belt sorted and fix the underlying problem, but after a bit more tuning it'll be fully sorted and stupid fast. I don't know that I ever posted the full build list:

PEP Manifold
PEP Downpipe
PEP Intercooler and Pipes
PEP Radiator
PEP Intake
PEP Oil Pan Baffle
Custom 3" exhaust
Unichip with fuel, timing, and boost control
GT2860RS
K1 Rods
Wiseco Pistons
Gasket matched head, extensive pnp on the bowls
Welded Diff
PLX wideband, boost, and DM100 gauging
South Bend Stage 2 Drag Clutch
HKS BOV
Motor Mounts

And on hand, but not yet istalled:
Projector Retrofits
STI BBS Wheels
Tokico Illuminas

Consider it sold...in my dreams.

I dont know where people got that the 626 seals are any different. They were the exact same part number at my parts stores as the protege seals.

They are different, they don't have the ridges like the stock seals. I have them on my cars, trust me they are not the same.

if you order the injector seals from rock auto, they come with both styles. it did for me at least and i was confused about why it had so many at first lol

Both front wheel bearings are FUBAR'd in the P5. I've never heard a bearing so loud without play. It's nuts. I don't have a press at home, so I'm considering, to save time right now, swap the knuckles over from the MSP to the P5... But then we're back to that cannibalizing thing again.

I need some motivation to fix my cars. Not so much motivation as time. And now, with daylight savings, the sun is long gone by the time I get home from work and there's not time on the weekends with the girls.

yeah i had a bearing that was loud as crap and it never had play. i drove on it for another 2 years

Thinking of doing the same with my msps knuckles. So I don't have to buy new axles for p5 heh. Seperating lca is always such a pita though.

I've been looking for a vacuum leak all day. I have about 10 psi vacuum where I used too have over 20 psi. I have changed all my vacuum hoses and I tightened the bolts on my IC. I can here it but I can't get the smoke to revel the leak. Help!

Here it from where? Where's the noise??

Have you tried starter fluid yet?

Here it from where? Where's the noise??

Have you tried starter fluid yet?
Nothing starter or fluid smoke.
I removed the manifold replaced both gaskets and the rest of my vacuum lines. The leak was from the metal gasket. Car runs better, but still reading low vacuum.

Worked out a deal yesterday to buy FattiMSP's forged motor from my buddy that bought it locally. It seems to be built pretty well and has 40k on it currently. This way I will save at least $1k building the motor, the car won't be down nearly as long, and the motor is already broken in so I can drive it normally.

Worked out a deal yesterday to buy FattiMSP's forged motor from my buddy that bought it locally. It seems to be built pretty well and has 40k on it currently. This way I will save at least $1k building the motor, the car won't be down nearly as long, and the motor is already broken in so I can drive it normally.
And if he built it you can bet it was done properly.

Back