What have you done to your MSP today?

googoo1oo, i always liked all black steering wheels but you make the black gauge cluster look good too.

gave it a well deserved wash and wax a couple days ago. from now on i'm hiding the left side as the rear quarter panel is peeling lol.
frs is my friends. my wife and i named it olaf for him and he kind of hates it lol. took these pics while he was at the store.

i-BbgxN3b-XL.jpg

i-WjRSrWJ-XL.jpg

i-m7gKJDz-XL.jpg

lol @potato. 15psi on stock block, what are you tuned on?

Yeah stock block, turning it down before it blows again. Just have an SSFTC and stock injectors, catless exhuast, FMIC, short ram, VTCS delete. Pretty much it.

Swapped the nardi wheel I had in 1574 for a P5 wheel that is in perfect shape, really don't want to mess it up but other local Protege guys are in need and i'm just hoarding parts in my closet.

Last edited:
My brother and I are still around :) Life gets you side tracked, but definitely still in the game! We're very close to shutting down his MSP and getting her stripped of all parts for the rebuild. Long block is pretty much complete, getting the last few parts ordered and need to locate a shop for a custom exhaust manifold.

My brother and I are still around :) Life gets you side tracked, but definitely still in the game! We're very close to shutting down his MSP and getting her stripped of all parts for the rebuild. Long block is pretty much complete, getting the last few parts ordered and need to locate a shop for a custom exhaust manifold.
I highly recommend get your exhaust built by ThePope I think he has a shop doing the mandrel bends now.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Rebuilt the entire front end of the car today. Body shop did a good job painting the CF hood as the gel coat was toast. New OEM front bumper also looks very nice. Broke apart the cheap eBay headlights and swapped the HID retro to the refurbished OEM headlights. The standoffs for the CorkSport skid plate fell apart and a few of the bolt pieces rusted in place. I broke out the welder and welded bolts to them and they came out easily. Only problem is the heat set the OEM splash guard on fire :). Put everything back together, realigned the washer nozzles and the HID lamps and I'm done for the day.

Also finished re-finishing the OEM Racing Beat wheels. They came out ok, definitely better than they looked before.

I thought you posted that you were going to sell it?? Could have been someone else... Glad you still have it and it's still running!

I ordered some new knobs for the AC controls online, I will see if they fit when they get here. Really need to get the tint re-done in 1574 the back window is peeling off almost halfway up the window. And the clearcoat damage is bugging me, if this thing had decent paint and was a little lower it would be damn near perfect.

I have went back and forth on selling it. I just never can pull the trigger, I love this car.

I have went back and forth on selling it. I just never can pull the trigger, I love this car.

So, in related news, unless someone walks up to me and hands me money while I'm in the mood, I'm likely not selling it. I'm just going to get another open diff. transmission and turbo and do it all over again.

I'm picking up my engine Friday and trying to get the msp up and running AND my buddy's supra swapped to LS coils in one night. We'll see how it goes. I also snagged some BBS wheels.

So the car is up and running with a walboro pump now. Keep in mind the car hasnt ran in a month. It it now running lean under boost 12:1 lean at 6psi. Does it have to relearn and thats why is doing that or what is going on?
Thanks

So the car is up and running with a walboro pump now. Keep in mind the car hasnt ran in a month. It it now running lean under boost 12:1 lean at 6psi. Does it have to relearn and thats why is doing that or what is going on?
Thanks
12:1 is rich and normal under boost.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Back