What have you done to your MSP today?

Technically proteges are still being built in China...

Heading to the JY later because they have 9 01-03 Proteges right now and I am always looking to waste money on crap I don't need. I finally wired my glowshift boost gauge to light up so I can read it at night now. It's actually pretty cool for $40, it lights up 7 colors and has two different modes that cycle through the colors.

Bought OEM replacement headlights, OEM grill, and a touch up paint kit. Never buy car parts off of eBay. The grill didn't fit like OEM so I couldn't install my fancy aluminum CR3 radiator plate. The headlight plastic yellowed and got scratched to hell in two years. I'll be refinishing the two OEM lights, clearing coating them, swapping my HID kit into one and selling it, and throwing the other back on the car. Trying to clean up all the little things before it goes up for sale.

Did you get a grille for a sedan? The p5/msp grille should fit perfectly.

Anyone have a pair of 03.5 lip inserts/fog deletes? #1574 is missing them and it's starting to bug me.

That might have been the case. I guess I assumed the grills would be the same. New one is from an MSP so I should be all set.

EDIT: Looked back at my eBay history and yes indeed I purchased one for the sedan.

If anyone has a 626 in their local junk yard I'd like to do a 5th gear swap. I checked around and everything near me has been picked clean.

If anyone has a 626 in their local junk yard I'd like to do a 5th gear swap. I checked around and everything near me has been picked clean.
Tom do you remember what year. I saw a few Manuel's last time I was at the jy but didn't feel like working on them at the time

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Figured this would be the best place to ask for help. Car sat unused for two weeks. Went to go start it and the battery was dead so I jumped it. The car started and ran for about 15-20 seconds and died. I disconnected the battery for ten minutes or so and went to go start it again. At this point I noticed the fuel pump didnt prime. The car started right up and ran for about a minute before it died. Now the car will crank but wont start. The fuel pump is still not priming and the fuel level is not moving. The car had half a tabk when I parked it. Any suggestions?

Check your fuses and fuel pump relay. You can bypass the harness and try to 'jump' the fuel pump with some wire to see if the pump is dead

Check your fuses and fuel pump relay. You can bypass the harness and try to 'jump' the fuel pump with some wire to see if the pump is dead

I've checked the fuses already, but just to make sure I've gotten mixed answers regarding which relay is the Fuel Pump Relay. Some have said it's the green one others say is a black one. So which one is it? It's not labelled properly on the fuse box. Thanks for the help as well.

I've checked the fuses already, but just to make sure I've gotten mixed answers regarding which relay is the Fuel Pump Relay. Some have said it's the green one others say is a black one. So which one is it? It's not labelled properly on the fuse box. Thanks for the help as well.
It's the one closest to the strut tower.

It's the one closest to the strut tower.

That means its not this one then right?
bd3e18e24175c81c4300a109c7e1268e.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I just finished pulling the drivetrain out of my car, the forged engine should be ready within a week or so.

Yeah that's the one.

So replaced the fuel pump solenoid and the fuel pump still wont prime. I can hear the ecu click everytime I crank it. Already checked all other fuses and none is blown. Im starting to think the fuel pump went out.

Dropped a down payment /retainer for a Mazdaspeed3. Picked up primer, wheel paint, clear coat, headlight restore kits, engine degreaser, and new headlight bulbs for the MSP as I clean it up to sell it privately. And part out of course. Not that there's much to part out.

Dropped a down payment /retainer for a Mazdaspeed3. Picked up primer, wheel paint, clear coat, headlight restore kits, engine degreaser, and new headlight bulbs for the MSP as I clean it up to sell it privately. And part out of course. Not that there's much to part out.

Nice man! Had a friend who owned an MS3 and another friend who owned an MS6! Had the pleasure of driving the MS6 and that thing is awesome to drive. Its a little soft for my taste but it was very comfortable.

And then there was 2...
Was super sad to see her go, but with the rust on the unibody being as bad as it was, it wasn't in any form to be on the track or even the road. R.I.P MSP#1 you'll never be forgotten.
8c2b3292377a51caa48b43a37150da37.jpg

Back