What have you done to your MSP today?

Got my stage 1 exedy installed along with a new throttle body. Working on getting the J&S wired up in time to get the car tuned on the dyno.

taped the brake booster for the bov and the wga line is now dedicated to it. less turkey. its still there but the bov seems to be working better.

as for running a bpv.. no way to do it easily since there is so much s*** in the way between hotpipe and intake. will probably just suck it up and take it as it is now. much less flutter at least.

01202011417-1.jpg

Following in Spiced MSP's footsteps

bigger does not always mean more efficiency. and you said you still have a little flutter even using the brake booster.. that's odd. did you just use a T for the BOV and WGA as one line, or are you using a vacuum block?

Dont people usually want bigger radiators?

I agree with Ricktalife, bigger is not always better. Plus most half size aftermarket radiators are thicker and have more than one row for coolant to pass through instead of a single row like the stock radiator. Also, the main reason I got the half size is because of my future goals. I plan to run a GT30 on my car and the last thing you want is to run into overheating problems because of the heat from the turbo and with a full size radiator, the turbo will almost be touching the radiator even with push fans as far as I know. So, to eliminate the clearance and heating issue, the half size radiator provides more than enough room to run a big turbo and is not right by the turbo housing so cooling won't be an issue. Plus look at a side view of the stock radiator compared to any aftermarket whether it's full or half size.

Running a 3/8T on the brake booster which supplies only the bov with a 3/32 line. I could run a 3/8 to the valve but id have to sleeve it on the valve fitting anyway. Might give it a try but once i cut the t there is no going back lol. Its obe of those cut to size ones that ranges from 1/8 to 3/8 id.
But yea still have flutter.
Less thab before but still there.

I removed my turbo to replace my exhaust mani and fix the exhaust leak that I have. I also took it upon myself to inspect the turbo... and what i found out is the WG flange thing backed out a little. Thus not letting the wastegate close completely... New/used T25 exhaust housing on and to install it all back again tomorrow. Amazingly I really didn’t have a hard time with the removal. The hardest part was the stupid oil lines.
It took me roughly 2.5hrs to remove it all. Most of that was trying to figure out how to get the lines off without taking a chance of messing them up. I’m also in the process of sealing my stupid headlight.

I think I might ask Focus if he dropped that turbo I purchased from him awhile back ago.... yes I’m just now getting around to it. Nothing bad happened to the turbo but the WGA flange was bent all to hell. I couldn’t bend it back without that stupid pin thing falling out. Either way I can’t wait to get it back together again and see how much better it runs!

Oh and the previous owner had removed the turbo and all that before…. Everything was super easy to get off and one of the studs was already broken..

Side question.... but does anyone any tricks on getting that bottom stud tight on the s-pipe(the one under the bend)? The previous owner didnt even get that oen tight and it appears that they used a hammer and a flat head screw driver to get it on right... Yes I know this post is all over the place….

What have you done to your MSP today?...... bought a SW-R intake and it was a damn b**** to put in but got it right and it sounds great and runs smoother then stock. Got my foggy headlight clean and install yellow tint on my foglights. Its looking cool. Got my Duraflex Speedzone Front Lip ordered about a week ago then mother fucker calls me and said that s*** is out of stock, see if I can wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I was thinkin, mother fucker made me wait a week with no respones, then calls me to tell me his computer was wrong on his inventory. So I said **** this shiit I'll take the refund and go else where. Do anybody now where I can a front lip for cheap for my '03 Pro5? Next thing to do is drop my Pro5. I havent made my mind on getting the "one time drop" springs or going with the coil lowering kit from Ground Control store online. Do anybody now where I can get some lowering springs/coilover kit (not with the shock) for a good deal?
I also replaced my radiator about 3 weeks ago because it was bad. Changed my spark plugs( Ngk-Ix-Iridium) about 6.99 each but had $20 AutoZONE rewards credit :p. Changed my oil and oil filter 3 days ago and notice something. My trans(auto tran) was wet down there. I guess I need to replace the gasket and do a trans fluid and filter change too. Never done a trans fluid change before. But how do I flush the fluid out?? Would it be better to have a shop do it or save labor money and do it myself. I'm a fast learner and love to get my hands dirty when it comes to car but any suggestion for the trans guys? I'm gonna need the FLUID BRAND/NAMES and FILTER BRAND/NAMES if you guys think its cool to do the job myself.

Last edited:
yeah I knew that from the start wagonbacker9 but this is a mazda forums rite?? lol... will lets get back to subject... help me out here guys. What do you guys think on my trans and where to get my front lip, and springs/coilover for further mods?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back