What have you done to your MSP today?

:facepalm: thats actually REALLY disappointing when you have one as clean as yours...

I mean don't get me wrong, I like the black, its original and clean but that laser blue though... I'm going to try to get it as close to the original MSP blue as I can.

wrap it.. then when you changes your mind, you can fix it.... im confident there is a wrap that is very very close. much cheaper too.

wrap it.. then when you changes your mind, you can fix it.... im confident there is a wrap that is very very close. much cheaper too.
My wing is wrapped and it matches perfectly. I didn't do it though so can't help with that. Just look up laser blue vinyl wrap.

Spent my long weekend working on 2507
ab89ab79166828a2e5cede3462a4a187.jpg

Removed the burnt plastic and oil stains from the CorkSport exhaust. Installed wideband sensor while exhaust is out. Need a rear sway bar and end links for 2507.

Got into 2566 even considering that it was modded early in its life it looks like such a hack job.
It has a pwr aluminum radiator for the protege huge front mount intercooler an Sri. Disco potato clocked facing down for ic piping with divorced dp externally waste gated. Modified intake manifold for dual fuel rail, blue injectors on that rail. I haven't determined what size. Rims are volk racing and exhaust sounds to me to be a vibrant the mandrel bends and welds are perfect.

It has no sway bar end links the strut tower bar doesn't fit over the fuel rail and both radiator fans are dead. A/C line was dry rotted and the power steering hose burst.
At least as long as I am moving it stays cool.

Sea foamed the oil and intake. Changed the oil black as crude. Replaced with T6

Drove the car hard today taking turns with my buddy on my suzuki. I need to get a go pro again so I can get some action shots of the car it looks soooo good.

I'm looking into prices for vinyl wrap but they start at $400. I remember a few years back I got a paint job for my MX6 for $250 to change from the OEM forest green to a 350z sunset orange, a little rice I know but that's besides the point. Plus I think the vinyl wrap is a little too matte for my taste. New paint raises the value of the car as well, makes it seem newer... looks like it's going to be a paint job coming soon..

Last edited:
I'm looking into prices for vinyl wrap but they start at $400. I remember a few years back I got a paint job for my MX6 for $250 to change from the OEM forest green to a 350z sunset orange, a little rice I know but that's besides the point. Plus I think the vinyl wrap is a little too matte for my taste. New paint raises the value of the car as well, makes it seem newer... looks like it's going to be a paint job coming soon..
250 paint job lol you get what you pay for. I think it's volk who has put 250 in supplies alone and done the Labour himself and that's just doing the front bumper right.

250 paint job lol you get what you pay for. I think it's volk who has put 250 in supplies alone and done the Labour himself and that's just doing the front bumper right.
Lol I know. I was 19 at the time when I got the paint job done. I was a broke college kid trying to make his car look "cool" lol. I'm gonna invest more into the paint job now. I'm just saying I rather pay $400 in an actual paint job because its the color I want exactly. Instead of wrapping it to a color that I kinda sorta want and it just being temporary.

Last edited:
Lol I know. I was 19 at the time when I got the paint job done. I was a broke college kid trying to make his car look "cool" lol. I'm gonna invest more into the paint job now. I'm just saying I rather pay $400 in an actual paint job because its the color I want exactly. Instead of wrapping it to a color that I kinda sorta want and it just being temporary.

You're going to pay more than $400 for quality paint job. My dad looked into doing it with his Mustang. Just a respray (masking off only, no body work) was at least $2,000.

Heh... only paying myself $20/hr and not doing any serious bodywork, I'd have to charge $5-$600 to paint the side of the car I did. Even with connects, paint is expensive. Be reasonable of your expectations.

check out my p5 thread zelous. Endlinks done even cheaper than the cheap how to thread. Better mayve cause I used brass raced balljointa this time instead of carbon fiber.

Last edited:
You'll have more than $400 in materials unless you spray the car in the cheapest garbage on the market. Heck, I had $275 in materials when I plastidipped my TA.

i paid $175 for a pint of 2k sealer, quart of base, quart of clear, pint of activator, quart of reducer and some 2k spot filler. that was the hookup price. desk retail would have been just under $275. i had to buy an additional pint of sealer but i did a fender, two doors and the front bumper and got a start on the front splitter for all that. not paying for any labour. prob spent 20 hours on all the parts so far.. lets assume i only pay myself $25/hour which for a painter isn't really stellar. i didn't have to worry about shop hour rate, which is typically $130/hour. this is where i get to the $600 price to paint the side of the car. but i didn't paint the rear quarter or rear bumper yet.
ill have to buy another "kit" like the one i described to wrap around the fender, the other two doors and rear bumper. then i wanted to do the hood, which ill prob have to buy some more for. the roof would be a large part of a third kit including the hood. so lets assume at my hookup price im spending $525 in material cost a lone. 10 hours per large panel "side of car, front bumper ect" then you see why its gonna cost you a MINIMUM of $2000 to respay an entire car. we are not even talking about elaborate masking around door jams, disassembly. most body shops aren't gonna go through the effort of disassembling your doors. they gonna tape on a hard line by whats "Visible" some might peel the molding up a few mm to paint under it, but minimal.
For $250 your basically getting a rattle can job that wont stick for very long, minimal prep. basically a scuff and spray with no spot repairs, nothing. they just gonna dump the paint on your car and kick you out. a couple years down the road you WILL be back and having it done again.
either get it done properly, get it wrapped, or sell the car to someone who appreciates what it is and get what you really want.

ps, you always talk about trading for stuff.. blue book value of the msp dictates that is just never ever gonna happen. its unfortunate but the truth of the matter is you own a very limited car that very few people know or care about. anything of equivalent value is not going to be an equivalent car either. msp is an amazing bang for the dollar.

Last edited:
The MSP is definitely one of the most fun cars you can buy for the money. Even with about $3k in it total and with it currently not building any boost my new msp is still a lot of fun to drive.
I agree that you should keep it black or vinyl wrap it, you can get any finish of vinyl wrap. There are wraps that look exactly like paint you can't tell the difference.

Has anyone seen this video? Kinda makes me mad because the synchros are bad in the MSP he drives and the power steering is failing. I wish he could've driven my car instead it doesn't have any of those problems and it's probably a lot faster! My friend likes the guy who hosts the show but honestly he seems to bulls*** sometimes and doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXkOt9Q05k

The MSP is definitely one of the most fun cars you can buy for the money. Even with about $3k in it total and with it currently not building any boost my new msp is still a lot of fun to drive.
I agree that you should keep it black or vinyl wrap it, you can get any finish of vinyl wrap. There are wraps that look exactly like paint you can't tell the difference.

Has anyone seen this video? Kinda makes me mad because the synchros are bad in the MSP he drives and the power steering is failing. I wish he could've driven my car instead it doesn't have any of those problems and it's probably a lot faster! My friend likes the guy who hosts the show but honestly he seems to bulls*** sometimes and doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXkOt9Q05k
My forged speed has the waste gate wide open still a lot of fun.

Nice video all speeds have there quirks 😝

you should get him to do the video again with a sufficiently modified msp ;)

ps, its even more of a bang of a deal as most of you guys prob didnt buy your msps new, or within the first 5 years of their life... I mean i paid about $15000 for mine, plus the loan amount. and even that was pretty good for what you get from a 2003 model car. comparing it to a 2012-2015 ect isnt really fair. to get more car for the same money you have to start dipping into the mid 90s and deal with rust and a ton of other repairs.

Last edited:
The fun/$ ratio is quite high with the msp. Heck I have less than $3000 total in both of mine and that includes mods, purchase prices, a spare engine and trans, and a spare suspension. I'll have about 80 hours of labor in getting the pair running, cleaned up, and assembled, but a lot of that time is product development so it doesn't even really count.

its funny heh. ive done more work in a month on my p5 than ive done on anything automotive in 8 years lol. msp has been neglected.. hasnt failed, but sounds bad in many ways. still perfectly reliable DD though. even when the dif stopped lsding it still worked as a dif. if it wasnt for trans issues "self inflicted" id prob still be driving her. ah well. she can sit for a couple years and avoid the rust while i figure her out. you should do a run of T3 manifolds pope.. if i build the msp, i kinda wannt put something serious into it.

Back