What have you done to your MSP today?

Well I checked every fuse in my fuse box under my dash to see if I could find a bad one to replace so my remote will start working again but every fuse was fine. So I'm back to not knowing why my remote quit on me. But on the bright side of things I got my Evo8 wheels on

A92587E8-01FC-4F8C-B181-239831ED46FD-3443-0000030498CC6CFF.jpg

So quite being lazy and lean forward to change the song. ;)

I beat the living s*** out of my msp for the past 2 days, at 20.2psi. Looking at getting it dyno'd next week.

Last time I had issues because of the maf and couldnt go above 5000rpm but I still put down 290whp at 15psi on a smaller turbo, it was clearly still climbing though so I was definitely over 300whp. I also had the 505zoom manifold at that time and right now im back on a 626manifold.

Im just hoping to get 300whp/300tq.. anything over that is gravy.

I also decided to stop modding the car completely. I'm pretty much exactly where I wanted to be power/suspension/brake wise. I'm gonna sell a few big ticket items soon too..

The mishimoto rad is good, thats what I use. You can get it from other vendors for the same price like crossover and CR3... you may get better support from them and just generally help their business.
+1 plus you'll need to go front mount intercooler if you haven't already and pick up a set of p5 radiator brackets and i think hose for the top too. The driver's side fan isn't a direct swap either

+1 plus you'll need to go front mount intercooler if you haven't already and pick up a set of p5 radiator brackets and i think hose for the top too. The driver's side fan isn't a direct swap either

Top hose is fine. Just have to rotate it if the mishimoto rad is the same set up as a p5

Would it be a direct fit for the most part ? Would the hoses line up , if not what size would I need to get ? I have one slim fan I figured I would need to get another one with this set up if I got it . I just want to make sure it's worth getting and if its the correct one for the map as well ... Wasn't see if it would line up right or not ...

Would it be a direct fit for the most part ? Would the hoses line up , if not what size would I need to get ? I have one slim fan I figured I would need to get another one with this set up if I got it . I just want to make sure it's worth getting and if its the correct one for the map as well ... Wasn't see if it would line up right or not ...

The mishimoto rad is good, thats what I use. You can get it from other vendors for the same price like crossover and CR3... you may get better support from them and just generally help their business.

I have the Mishimoto radiator and dual slim fans. They work great and work great. They also make very nice front mount intercoolers too if you're looking for one of those as well.

Top hose is fine. Just have to rotate it if the mishimoto rad is the same set up as a p5

All of these answer your questions. It's a direct fit for the p5/sedan N/A set-up. With some simple changes it will work in the MSP. The main one is you have to go to a FMIC setup.

not the best pic but as you can see, on the drivers side it goes all the way over to other bracket where your stock SMIC is, if you still have the stock set-up
121.jpg

slammed a curb about 2 months back, replaced the tie rod ends, inner and outer tie rods, endlinks... struts might be next, and if my alignment is still not perfect then its possible i may have damaged my steering rack. (hand)

on a side note tho, getting a set of MS3 seats for my MSP, carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber fenders (rockon)

Well I checked every fuse in my fuse box under my dash to see if I could find a bad one to replace so my remote will start working again but every fuse was fine. So I'm back to not knowing why my remote quit on me. But on the bright side of things I got my Evo8 wheels on

A92587E8-01FC-4F8C-B181-239831ED46FD-3443-0000030498CC6CFF.jpg

i love how the white evo8 rims look, im thinking of doing the same thing, either a bronze or all white for my msp

All of these answer your questions. It's a direct fit for the p5/sedan N/A set-up. With some simple changes it will work in the MSP. The main one is you have to go to a FMIC setup.

not the best pic but as you can see, on the drivers side it goes all the way over to other bracket where your stock SMIC is, if you still have the stock set-up
121.jpg

Yes I already have the fmi set up , that's why im looking into the full size rad and cuz my car drives like s*** in the summer and want to do everything I can to keep it cool ... Next is a better inter cooler , I just have the Jdm eBay special that came with the kits ... Will I need new brackets as well for the full size rad or is that something I can make lol

Yes I already have the fmi set up , that's why im looking into the full size rad and cuz my car drives like s*** in the summer and want to do everything I can to keep it cool ... Next is a better inter cooler , I just have the Jdm eBay special that came with the kits ... Will I need new brackets as well for the full size rad or is that something I can make lol

you can try to make them or just get p5 rad brackets.

Could I just get those at auto zone maybe ? What about the hoses as well ,... ?

maybe, hop on thier website or stop in a store. Not sure what you're asking about the hoses, if they would carry them, probably. If you're asking do you need to replace yours, determine the condition they are in. If they fit or not refer to previous posts.

Back