What have you done to your MSP today?

I once referred to that lucas stuff as molasses. Sounds like I was spot on. I bet that is why your drained gear oil was black.

painited the blow off and polished the heat shield:

2011-06-19123938.jpg

I took mine apart? lol. Putting a slightly bigger FMIC in and I am going to change the route of the IC piping. Biggest deal, I dropped the turbo off at Blouch Turbo in PA. The turbo was toast so a T28 center cartridge will be swapped in place, the broken studs taken out the exhaust manifold and exhaust housing. Should be back in 2 weeks. Will be nice to be close to getting the car back on the road after 6 months of being down.

I have new rotors/pads, stainless steel brake lines, and AWR adjustable end links to put on it now. Need to get a few other things but feels good to be making some progress.

I took mine apart? lol. Putting a slightly bigger FMIC in and I am going to change the route of the IC piping. Biggest deal, I dropped the turbo off at Blouch Turbo in PA. The turbo was toast so a T28 center cartridge will be swapped in place, the broken studs taken out the exhaust manifold and exhaust housing. Should be back in 2 weeks. Will be nice to be close to getting the car back on the road after 6 months of being down.

I have new rotors/pads, stainless steel brake lines, and AWR adjustable end links to put on it now. Need to get a few other things but feels good to be making some progress.

How much was the work they did to the turbo?

you dont have to cut the frame, just extra metal. I cut the metal behind were the fogs go, but i also cut the s*** out of my bumper so maybe not a good idea lol

^^good luck with that.

i dont need luck lol ive had my car apart so many times im pretty confident in pulling the motor

Last edited:
Well I didn't want to make a thread for this and I don't have a MSP but I'm collecting parts from some. I just bought a center console and all the parts that come with it were damaged in the accident so They didn't come with it.

I need to find them I know there's 2 versions of the cup holder the 1 and 2 piece does it matter which one I get. The car was an 03.5. And can you tell me all the pieces I need to look for.

Thanks in advance

I forgot about that thread, thanks man. I've always been against cutting the frame, but then again I was formerly against solid motor mounts and standalone ECU's lol.

I went with the "minimal cutting" route... others have adapted the same idea to various routings, so theres really a great variety of ideas and suggestions in there.

ya it's really just extra sheet metal parts that just are in place to hold the small little bolts that hold in the plastic guards at the bottom of the car usually, and even then all you have to do, (if you want to, makes it a big less of a headache) is to just cut a little space/circle out of the metal.. and even on mine I had some extra aluminum.. um, bracket kinda.. just flattened strip I guess, can't think of the word, but anyways i just screw that on there to support the sheet metal in one of the places that I cut a little more than i meant to.

just look at the thread in Wagon's sig like he said and just take the bumper off and start playing with options and figure out something you like.. that's all it really is..

and for me today, my damn stock radio crapped out finally... had it replaced in my old msp brand new under warranty about 2 years ago, and when that one was totaled I moved it to the msp I have now, figured I would get a little more use out of it, but oh well... that will make 3 stock broken radios in the basement, so time to fold and get an aftermarket, I will eventually fix the ribbons on the broken ones because I like the stock ones,despite the defects,

looking for a kenwood replacement (assuming I can find something I like), single DIN, I don't need any of that touch screen crap, or navigation, I already have navi. on my phone, and the gps that I bought, I just want something that has a good EQ tuning ability, I liked the options on the stock radio, and something that has a little stronger radio reception probably if that is possible.. going to be looking at crutchfield for it this week.. but anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
but anyone have any suggestions?

kenwood KDC X693. i've got it and its awesome. it can be bluetooth and satelite radio expanded, but i didnt really care about those either. Full Ipod connectivity. just plug it in and stash it in the glove box. control thru the stereo. and it recognizes like all the ID3 mp3 tags.

p.s.: changes colors, so u can match the lights on the dash.

ninja edit: look up the vidoes, the girl is much more informative in them

Last edited:
^^ nice, ya that sounds like something I am looking for, I have the Ipod connection piece for the Kenwood which is why I want to stay Kenwood, along with the fact that I don't feel like cutting the wire harness, and the light changing option was great.. only problem is that it's apparently discontinued, but thanks for the suggestion, I will check that out more, and I just realized a few that I have been looking at, don't even play CDs? what the hell? for around $300, I want something that will actually play cds, don't need a crazy color LCD screen for videos that I won't be using lol

might be a little more difficult to find something simple, but has the options that I like without all that extra crap attached and that actually plays cds, I think I will give Crutchfield a call and see if they can find something that is close to what I am looking for

Back