What have you done to your MS3 today?

The Xede is a piggy back system that lies to the ECU rather than actually remapping the ECU itself. Those systems include CPEs Standback piggy back. They have a lot of issues. Xede can be customized but very few know how. It is pretty much obsolete for our platform after tuners cracked the ECU code a d could directly modify most of the ECU map. Most custom tuners are using Cobb Access Port or Versatune, which are true remapping. Others (myself among them) use the versatile plug and play Hypertech, which is also a direct ECU remap. Almost no Mazdaspeed 3s run Xede.

I'd leave it alone to begin with until you troubleshoot more. Explore all connections for a boost hose or vacuum line leak. What "pop off" valve (BPV) do you have? You may have a leak there. The stock BPV, which means bypass valve, is really best for this engine. If you still have it swap out and see if that helps. Make sure you have the recirculation hose connected as this engine runs best by not permitting metered air to vent to atmosphere.

Do you know how to do a boost leak test by pressuring the post MAF intake with a regulated pressure source at 15 psi to test for leaks? That may locate the problem.

Last edited:
MS3 Turbo Issue

The Xede is a piggy back system that lies to the ECU rather than actually remapping the ECU itself. Those systems include CPEs Standback piggy back. They have a lot of issues. Xede can be customized but very few know how. It is pretty much obsolete for our platform after tuners cracked the ECU code a d could directly modify most of the ECU map. Most custom tuners are using Cobb Access Port or Versatune, which are true remapping. Others (myself among them) use the versatile plug and play Hypertech, which is also a direct ECU remap. Almost no Mazdaspeed 3s run Xede.

I'd leave it alone to begin with until you troubleshoot more. Explore all connections for a boost hose or vacuum line leak. What "pop off" valve (BPV) do you have? You may have a leak there. The stock BPV, which means bypass valve, is really best for this engine. If you still have it swap out and see if that helps. Make sure you have the recirculation hose connected as this engine runs best by not permitting metered air to vent to atmosphere.

Do you know how to do a boost leak test by pressuring the post MAF intake with a regulated pressure source at 15 psi to test for leaks? That may locate the problem.

Thanks for your insight on this problem. I am not a tuner, although I get what you are suggesting in terms of things to check and in what order. The XEDE piggy back wiring might also be an issue since they did some splicing on the original wiring harness next to the battery and didn't solder the splices. I had my mechanic solder all the splices he could find and apply heat shrink insulators to each of those wires, but it is possible there is still an issue in that harness. I really like this car, but without a functioning turbo it is not much fun to drive.

I will check the BPV, the vacuum lines and I also intend to get all new hose junctions and clamps for every connection on the turbo piping in and out of the FMIC. Hopefully, one of these fixes will solve the problem. Thanks to all who stepped up and offered advice.

Mac

Same here. Start with tightening all clamps and checking the lines to and from the electronic boost controller. It has plastic nipples that are easily broken, so be careful. Those lines tend to develop small splits. Those are cheap to replace, so try that before spending money on boost tubes.

Please report how it goes.

Yea actually. Many parts for sale. But it's a pain in the ass on this website. New whip has only 2 seats

new toy

attachment.php

Attachments

• RX7.jpg
    RX7.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 326
Are the words " I hate you you filthy bastard" too much?

How about " I lust for your toy"
My bucket list. Your real life.
envious and delighted for you!!
that is what a Mazda go fast freak wants.

Im at 95,500! Still in love with this wild thing. My radiator support broke the other day while I was driving like a hooligan, i guess the wind pressure got to it.
Shocks are the next thing to need some love. Clutch still strong too! I love it!

Back