What have you done to your MS3 today?

Decided on a color for powder...

Galaxy-Grey-3.jpg

Ordered 2 lbs. Picking up wheels from media blasting tomorrow. Powder should be here Thursday.

Got a random misfire code. Realized I hadn't seafoam'd her in over a year. Did a serious intake seafoam flush. Car runs like a champ again.

Seafoam continues to impress me.

He's been doing okay with 470whp... Soon enough, though, Ryan, soon enough...

lol no.. Stock ring lands will not take that type of abuse.

it's all in the tune and the owner. right now i'm @ 470 w/ 28 psi on a Borg warner S360. I'm not going to be the first person to crack 500 on the stock block and i wont be the last.

Kmac ran 500whp for a while and then lifted the head @ 600
Etipp has been making 530 for a long time now and his motor has 120k on it
Cld12pack2go has been @ 470 for 3 years with over 90k on the motor.

I'm not saying this power is for everyone, and i certainly would never take any of my customers cars this far on the stock block. It's just what i'm going to do with my personal car.

Last edited:

Installing the JBR/MOCO Custom PMM and TMM.....staying with the CWP- Bi-Color Theme.

I've known people on just as solid a tune that shattered ringlands making much less. It's why I don't want to push it much passed the 370 mark.

I've known people on just as solid a tune that shattered ringlands making much less. It's why I don't want to push it much passed the 370 mark.

ringlands cracking are all about heat because of how right the factory ring gaps are. i have a sp fan controller set to come on at 195 and shut off at 190. Also i run 18gph of methanol so my cylinder temps are also lower then someone just doing this with pi on 93. I'm not saying this block is indestructible but with the right owner and a proper tune that limits tq these bottom ends can last. Like i said before this level of power on the stock block isn't for the average owner.

Since dropping E85 I've been running M1 meth and a D10 nozzle. And I'm tuned by Justin. Actually, I've spoken to both he and Finkle in a bit of detail about it. I was under the impression it really doesn't matter what cyl temps are, it's more about power level.

Since dropping E85 I've been running M1 meth and a D10 nozzle. And I'm tuned by Justin. Actually, I've spoken to both he and Finkle in a bit of detail about it. I was under the impression it really doesn't matter what cyl temps are, it's more about power level.

if that was the case then everyone is in trouble because even k04 cars have cracked ringlands. there is a great thread on msf about it that you have actually posted in ;)

And... I've got to get me one of those controllers.

i seriously love this controller definitely one mod i can't go without.

Back