What have you done to your MS3 today?

You need to get a hold of me if you need motivation or an extra pair of hands!
brother you are part of the reason the car is back together !!!
Now explain to me why i cant get the fuel pump to whirr or the starter to crank.
I have plenty of battery (2 ) and all the lights lite and the locks lock and unlock.
because no battery in the car for so long is it a security issue ?
This one is beyond me.
But mechanically i finished her last night. i was hoping to change oil and trouble shoot today

anyone know how to reset the security system. ecu was completely discharged for over a year and now that i am powered up i have all light locks and windows but no fuel pump or starter.
Plenty of amps and volts/
I have the flashing key light on the dash though so i suspect the secrity system is locked up.
any help is appreciated. If someone has a shop manual maybe you could have alook for me ?

I know how we had to do it when I was working for United... required the use of a J2534 pass-through device.

I know how we had to do it when I was working for United... required the use of a J2534 pass-through device.
Oh maybe i have one of those in my toolchestses.
let me go look.

Nope.
how about an impact gun ?
if i have get my key recoded or somethin i will be pissed.
i tried locking and unlocking doors both manually and with fob and that works fine.
I will check the fuse box for the starter circuit when i get time this week.

Probably something simple and i am just too dim .
Like how long it took me to understand how to run the grimmspeed 3 port mac valve in a two port "bleed" configuration and plumb that in was amazingly embarrassing
The car Gods laugh at me.
alot

yeah dude! why dont you join us ever?

My weekends are always freaking packed and barely have enough time for other stuff. cruising out to the west side is a little much for me, maybe if we had an install day closer on the east side. And my Saturday mornings aren't available for cars n coffee unfortunately either. We gotta do like a Friday or Saturday night meet/cruise... I know it sucks lol

cleaned up the terminals on the starter, hopefully that resolves it finally

planning on installing my koyo radiator this weekend

then i need to go over my entire suspension and check all the bushings and joints for wear, car sounds like its falling apart over bumps

need to do a few wot runs for a retune, not beating k04s into the ground as much as i would like

Today I installed the first mod on my MS3 since purchase: a JBR Stage 2 Powerpath intake. Gotta love that turbo and bpv sound!

Haha at the max I'm thinking Cobb AP and HPFP. Maybe a test pipe. But I'm for sure going with an RMM as my next purchase. I dont have a need to change anything else. These cars are awesome

Until you ride in a high hp k04 or BT....that's when you need to be careful
sure tell me now : )
And to think , for me , it all started with an innocent enough Corksport RMM insert to improve the shifting and reduce wheel hop. Which it did.
That was 5 years ago. hahahahahahahaa
set a firm build goal and stick to it .

i remember back in the day when it was intake testpipe hpfp and tune

then it was 300whp

then i convinced myself that i needed parts to improve volumetric efficiency

then the hot weather made my car run like dogs***

then i heard a screamer pipe

then i looked at the for sale threads

fml

oh the stories we could tell brother !
so many not allowed here though. : )
I have performance parts/redundant stock parts / and parts i forgot about that i had than, should be allowed .
I had a good sound reason at the time i'm sure..
Today i called Mazdaship and asked about my dilemna they said sure well take your money you idiot !! well not exactly that but y'know
So this weekend i will wash it and take all the cool stuff out of the back seat and the hatch and put on the kitchen table and get it flatbedded for a resynching of ecm and keys and such.
I also am going to have them do the warranty work on the timing chain tensioner and pin failure ( thats why it came off the road to begin with ).
so hope raises its weary head yet again.

Back