What have you done to your MS3 today?

Sunday logik816 up above helped me put demon eyes into my car. I also painted the grill in the front yard while it was off at the time:

3087711_97_full.jpg

3087711_96_full.jpg

Where did you get your demon eyes and eyelids?

logik816 a few posts up helped extensively with the install last sunday. He had done them first and I liked it so I wanted to do it also. The kit is like $40 shipped on ebay, but you have to heat the headlights and take them apart.

the eyelids I got used and already painted from a forum member here so I am not sure what brand they are. Logik had vinyl eyelids but after puttin on his demon eyes he swapped to the plastic ones and got them painted. I am not sure of the brand of them tho, they are slimmer and dont stick out as much as mine do.

almost plastered the back of a semi doing 130. Made my butthole pucker up. Rotated my tires the other day as well at 5k miles.

almost plastered the back of a semi doing 130. Made my butthole pucker up. Rotated my tires the other day as well at 5k miles.

I will do this next sunday when I install my springs since all the wheels need to come off. Good idea to even out the threadwear on the front and rears, did you just do front to back on the same side?

got a car wash and applied rain x on my headlights as well as all my windows.

i so need to do that! i think doing the demon eye thing with the oven took the smootheness/gloss off the headlight, so some rainex polish or wax might make them repell water better. Did that work for you? im sure you noticed the headlights dont drip/reflec water as well on the outside after the whole heating process.

i so need to do that! i think doing the demon eye thing with the oven took the smootheness/gloss off the headlight, so some rainex polish or wax might make them repell water better. Did that work for you? im sure you noticed the headlights dont drip/reflec water as well on the outside after the whole heating process.

i honestly didn't notice, but as u mentioned, it's always a plus to apply rain x or some type of polish/wax on ur headlights to keep them healthy.

wats up with ur door sills man, u gonna take those bad boys off?

i honestly didn't notice, but as u mentioned, it's always a plus to apply rain x or some type of polish/wax on ur headlights to keep them healthy.

x2. lose 'em d00d!

I did all the interior LEDs blue, yayy rice mod! :D

Did you just reuse the original sealant on the headlights? Any leaks thus far? Any tips you can offer? I read it's 15 minutes on a baking sheet at 200 degrees.

yeah I will definately add some rain-x polish to them, they looked water spotted-ish when washing them after the install (like when it doesnt run right off but somewhat sticks to the outter cover, know what i mean? I really dont want to take off the moldings. try to find side-by-side pics of cars with them and without them, i found a few pics of silver speed3 without them and i really didnt like them. makes the doors look too LONG and plain, like they need something there

x2. lose 'em d00d!

I did all the interior LEDs blue, yayy rice mod! :D

I did all mine in the cool white/hyperwhite color and it looks pretty bitchin! One guy came over the other day and he had blue, it looked awesome as well, just not as bright inside as the bright white but still badass!

Did you just reuse the original sealant on the headlights? Any leaks thus far? Any tips you can offer? I read it's 15 minutes on a baking sheet at 200 degrees.

we both used the same sealant and didnt buy anymore. 200 degrees is perfect, just have to watch to make sure nothing touches the sides and melts. luckily logik816 had a heatgun to assist in extra heating of the areas that didnt melt enough by the oven. As far as leaks I thought I had some because my headlights filled with condensation, but it was trapped in there from when we heated the lenses back together. All I did was park the car facing into the sunlight and pulled the bulbs out and let them hang, and withing about 1-2 hours the sun evaporated everything. I have since driven through fog and everything and nothing has come back.

it's better to heat them at 200 degrees but for 10 mins. and have a buddy help u peel the headlights with a heat gun to ease any tuff spots of sealant.

Thanks for the extra info/tips about the lights. It's reassuring and makes me less nervous :)

*EDIT* Thought of a couple more questions:

How long did you reheat the headlight pieces before putting them back together? And once you press the pieces together do you have to let it sit a while before putting it back on the car?

Last edited:
*EDIT* Thought of a couple more questions:

How long did you reheat the headlight pieces before putting them back together? And once you press the pieces together do you have to let it sit a while before putting it back on the car?

When I did it to my old RSX we got big metal clamps... they almost looked like the jumper cable connectors but not jagged, and let them sit until they dried completely.

Back