What have you done to your MS3 today?

Dealerships think we are morons and they can tell you anything because you are stupid, when in fact we know more about these cars than the tech's at most of these places. I'm surprised he didn't tell you it was your blinker fluid too low.

I envy you sir....laguna seca is my favorite track in gran tursimo

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

Careful with the tight switchback that's right over the crest of the hill. That thing can be a real b**** (in the game). What is that, turn 11 or something?

Last edited:
A guy at work has a used set of Potenza RE050A, 225/45-18 tires (same model as, but wider than stock). He's asking $200-$300 for them. Do you think that would be a reasonably cost-effective replacement for my stockers, which are about at the end of life?

I dont have a ms3 but i have had 2 sets of bridgestone summer tires on our ms6..

I had the stock ones- Pretty much roasted at 10k, drove them till 13k
And some Pontenza S02's- About the same..

They are really sticky tires but honestly if you dont want to buy new tires every 10k (the ms3 may be better since its lighter and FWD) id get something else.

maybe a set of continental summers? i have the DWS (all season but i know alot of people of have the DW summers)

I guess the way I figure it is that they're so cheap (relatively speaking) that I won't care if I only get another 10k out of them. I estimate I'm going to get 14k out of my stockers, for what that's worth. I spend a lot of miles on my winter tires and less on the summers as the MS3 splits driving duty with my Miata in the summer.

A guy at work has a used set of Potenza RE050A, 225/45-18 tires (same model as, but wider than stock). He's asking $200-$300 for them. Do you think that would be a reasonably cost-effective replacement for my stockers, which are about at the end of life?

how much tread is left on them? if you like these tires and they are in good shape(even tread wear, no damage, repairs) it's a great deal. i only buy used tires. base cost is much lower plus no shipping or tax.

I'm on my second set of 050A's. The first 2 I picked up from a member on here for $50/picked-up with about 100 miles on them. The second two I got from another member for $160/shipped. They had about 5000mi on them. I did it like that because I didn't really have cash to drop on a whole new set of tires, plus I plan on picking up a whole new set of wheels/tires in the spring.

I also picked up some blizzaks in 225/45/18 from a member on here with an MS6, for $200. And they only had 5,000 miles on them haha.

I say if you can do it and don't mind it, cheap out. haha.

Bought a Forge BPV Version 1, used today. I'll be sure and post a write-up and review once I get it and have it installed. I know no one on here is running this and is dying to know how it performs and what it sounds like.

Back