What have you done to your MS3 today?

nevermind then lol

poor little k04... it never had a chance

ah well youll most likely get a new one outta this... and you'll get to do it all over again!

oh it had a chance

i dont drive aggressively, i autocross, so im never out of 2nd gear, which peaks at 16psi

i play every once in a while, but im doing well over the speed limit very quickly so its not like im constantly at 19psi

always warm up and cool down, and this is how it thanks me

next turbos getting its dick kicked in.

I wanna see if they will let me keep the original to see what actually happened

just outta curiosity, why didnt you go with a DP instead of TP. would that have helped the turbo last longer when pushing the boost like that?

didnt want the hastle of a dp installation

and realistically it probably would have made it worse. high flow cat = even less backpressure = more smoking

i need to make the intake side more efficient, which means an upgraded intercooler/throttle body/PNP IM/etc to reduce the pressure drop

im probably pushing 23psi out of the turbo compressor to achieve 19psi in the manifold since the stock tmic sucks big donkey balls

well that doesnt bode well for me then. I really do need to get an ETS TMIC to drop my boost in this heat... been hitting 19s constantly

well biggs i can safely say the turbo took everything i could throw at it like a champ, its not the source of my problems

the block is leaking oil, from where i have no clue nor do i care at this point

i dont care as in let the dealer figure it out and if they b**** at me im getting rid of it

some pics to help illustrate my frustration

P9020145.jpg

P9020144.jpg

P9020141.jpg

P9020143.jpg

P9020140.jpg

oil.jpg

Last edited:
all ive got left to take off are the exhaust and the OCC. then it will be stock as far as powertrain is concerned. from there it depends on the dealer

Man, I hope it doesnt come to it, but if it does and you end up getting rid of it.... would you mind letting me get first dibs on your Hotchkis sway bar set?

Looks more like spatter than leak, like a hose (pcv) was loose and pressure made some oil get blown out on stuff

if you look at the locations of the oil splatter that doesnt make sense

ive got oil UNDER the TIP connection to the turbo
ive got oil under the cdfp
ive got oil on the hotside coupler and turbo itself
misc pooling

if it was the pcv it would be at the front of the block down low
if it was the valvecover breather it wouldnt be able to spray oil where it is (coolant hose, underside of tip)

Latest posts

Back