What have you done to your MP3 today???

looks great! nice!! (thumb)

It's good. Not very loud at all. Gets a little loud from 4.5k rpms up but its not nearly as loud as I thought it would be. Guess I got used to the rotary with my fc as my last car. Those get loud quick... lol

One thing is the lifters/valve train are a lot more defined now. From 0-4k, I can here that rythimic clicking of the valve train very clearly. I was used to the "screaming" type of sound you get from rotary motors, and the fs-de is more of a nice low purr. It's nice tho, I like it.

On another note, I put in new urethane bushings on the rear sway, and those bolts were being BITCHES! Me and my bro couldn't get the back two bolts loose on the brackets for the bushings. Eventually the heads just sheared off and had to drill them both out. Ended up having to drop the rear cross member down because we couldn't get a proper angle to drill them from. Turned a 10 minute project into almost 2 hours. lol I blame the salty ass Cincinnati roads during the winter.

And basically, I'm getting the picture that the previous owner of this car really didn't do much maintenance/routine upgrades at all to the car. Tho on another note, didn't have any problems with any of the exhaust system bolts. Some PB blaster and some patience and they all came out without any headaches. The EGR valve fitting into the exhaust manifold gave me some problems, ended up cutting it off the manifold with the sawz-all and putting some vice grips on it to get a better hold.

Changed my oil and checked the engine out. Then felt it blow up while driving down the road. Great day. Check my other post in the MP3 section for info.

Please paint that ricey mesh grill!!
Here is a pic with the grill painted black! Def looks better!
MP3.jpg

I really would like to lower it but I was wondering if it would work to just lower the front? The back already sits pretty low.

Much better black! Just get some lowering springs for all 4 points, better to have consistent spring rates and a consistent drop.

Wired my fogs to come on with side markers yesterday. Found some fun, f'ed up wiring done in the area too. Just open cut wires, splices that don't need to be places. Owner b4 me was (notcool)

Latest posts

Back