What have you done to your Miata today?

What's the plan Andrew??

That's actually pretty much it now. I had the opportunity to pick up a roller chassis for free and grabbed it for some spares. And by "some spares" I mean "the entire suspension". 8 bolts for the front subframe, 6 for the rear, and we dragged them into the corner. I think 1 of the members on here may have some plans for the tub itself. Namely I hope that means "drags it off of my property for me" ;)

Went from*
43cd4ee2.jpg

To*
969e433d.jpg

And the high beam is redonkulous
f1ae0c10.jpg

Bosch e-spec headlights with hella 50/100 watt bulbs

And the iPhone pics do NO justice

i took mine for a joy ride on a trailer last night...

.. and today i'm troubleshooting fuel system :(

Any time after 1 should be fine. I've gotta go pick up my dad at the airport after 5:30 or so, so work yourself into that range :)

yeah.... I can't do that. :( I was trying to get a lot of stuff done today and I failed. I will be busy all afternoon tomorrow.

Timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, accessory belts done
dea1226c.jpg

And it turned out my "cat" was a hoax
7fb5a69c.jpg

But it still got removed and replaced with a test pipe with an additional bung for the wide band.

Completely empty? NOTHING inside?

I will say exhaust note is slightly more aggressive when on the throttle, but still super quiet at idle

Completely empty? NOTHING inside?

I will say exhaust note is slightly more aggressive when on the throttle, but still super quiet at idle

Completely, totally empty. It had 155k on the clock by that point.

I installed my new Enthuza XR lightweight muffler on Saturday. It installed without any issue. It looks very unassuming (relatively small tip) but in this case looks are deceiving.

It's very loud. I wanted loud, but this is louder than I expected. Very boomy between 2k and 3k. Below and above that range it isn't objectionable, and it actually sounds really really good in the upper RPM range. But around town (which is most of my driving) I feel like a bit of a douche making that much noise.

Time will tell if I end up loving it or hating it.

Is that supposed to be louder than their racer exhaust?

I'm hoping that's just a concept. The front end is ugly as sin. The current, "manic" faces have grown on me (at least on the Miata), but that one looks... well there's no other way to put it. It looks asian! (rlaugh)

Back