What have you done to your Miata today?

Rear Mazdaspeed lip installed and painted(yesterday)

2c9ce68b.jpg

26b6a59a.jpg

1daba816.jpg

Installed lower and upper shifter boots today along with the bottom shifter bushing. WOW what a difference. Between the new boots and the weighted Evo knob the difference is quite amazing.

-Matt

Washed her and drove to our local cars and coffee. Received the painted gas door, went to exchange it for the chrome one only to find it attaches differently and I am missing the two bolts needed. So wrote to the place I bought it from to see if they can provide the bolts.

Last edited:
Stalled it this morning.... argh.

Does a clutch and pressure plate do the same thing after some rain that brake discs do (get rough and extra grippy)?

Stalled it this morning.... argh.

Does a clutch and pressure plate do the same thing after some rain that brake discs do (get rough and extra grippy)?

It shouldn't... if it's getting splashed just sitting there, there's gotta be something REALLY wrong with your stuff

That's what I was thinking...

Brandini, is it a new clutch? Did you break it in according to the instructions?

No I've got 43K on it. It was the first rainy and cool day in about a month so I think the car may have just been surprised with new changes when I turned it on and started to drive.

No I've got 43K on it. It was the first rainy and cool day in about a month so I think the car may have just been surprised with new changes when I turned it on and started to drive.

My clutch is a total b**** all the time. LOL. ACT 6 puck unsprung...

Seeing as the exchange rate is almost 1 AUD = 1 USD been thinking about LSD

How much are second hand LSD centres going for over where you guys are?

Not sure where to look for second hand parts over your way

Flushed the brake reservoir today and bled all the lines so that they're now full of clean brake fluid and not muddy river water. I'd say it's at least a 100% improvement. The car feels like it will actually stop now..

Odd point, when approaching locking the tires up, it seems that the rear may actually lock and wants to walk around. Is this normal on an NA?

Flushed the brake reservoir today and bled all the lines so that they're now full of clean brake fluid and not muddy river water. I'd say it's at least a 100% improvement. The car feels like it will actually stop now..

Odd point, when approaching locking the tires up, it seems that the rear may actually lock and wants to walk around. Is this normal on an NA?

NA's 99.9999% of the time will lock the front tires up WAY before the rears. Maybe get someone outside in a controlled environment to check. Locking up the front will make things feel squirrely, and if you don't know exactly what you're feeling I can see how it can be misconstrued.

Back