What have you done to your Miata today?

Tried finding the solution to my overheating issue, can't get the air out of the system.....

Is this the NB? Put the front axle up on maintenance ramps and bleed it there. It puts the rad cap way at the top of the system. May need to manually pump the hoses a few times by hand to get it out.

Took in a stray sibling for the Miata. '08 Outback w/ a 5 speed. Great school run / track support vehicle :D

33800856610_3dbe0aaf16_b.jpg

And the Legacy GT suspension will bolt right up to it. So....you know, that's probably going to happen. The Outback is essentially a lifted Legacy, so it will likely get a little lower before too long.

Kill it with fire! (rlaugh)

I came back to work on Thursday. True to form I let myself get swamped at the end with other jobs, so I left the four-rib belt in place. It's working and Robyn doesn't need all the power (so she says). It's everyone else who wants to race, not her. I do have something planned for when I get home, stay tuned to this space to see what will transpire.

looks nice Maff, but dont lower it, you should go the other way and lift it LOL

i bought a "new" car too Maff... I will officially pick it up next weekend pics then but its a 1994 Chevy S-10, 4.3L v6, 5 speed manual, 4x4, single cab with an 8' bed that never has to be made! body is REALLY clean given its 23+ years old, it has 260 some thousand miles on it. i bought it CHEAP and ill use it to make home depot runs, take the kayaks to the lake and likely take it to work in the winters. im pretty pumped about the beater truck to be honest haha

looks nice Maff, but dont lower it, you should go the other way and lift it LOL

It's already too tall lol
Maybe once it's old and busted and time to rallyx it comes, but I'd prefer to go more for something like this:

IMG_6601.jpg

Seriously though, welders are life altering. Put together a scrap steel project to get the saws off the ground and organize the grinder disks & sundry accessories.

Having a little help turning wrenches for final assembly never hurts :D

Kill it with fire! (rlaugh)

I came back to work on Thursday. True to form I let myself get swamped at the end with other jobs, so I left the four-rib belt in place. It's working and Robyn doesn't need all the power (so she says). It's everyone else who wants to race, not her. I do have something planned for when I get home, stay tuned to this space to see what will transpire.

Sure it is......lol

Oooooo, more suspense. I like it.

It's already too tall lol
Maybe once it's old and busted and time to rallyx it comes, but I'd prefer to go more for something like this:

While I love the look of a lowered wagon, the Outback just begs to be lifted. It is the nature of the beast, IMO. lol

And what have you been feeding those boys?! They are getting big!

While I love the look of a lowered wagon, the Outback just begs to be lifted. It is the nature of the beast, IMO. lol

I think that's only because it's so tall from the factory. It's nearly identical to a Legacy wagon, which are mostly just lower and IIRC a hair shorter overall in length.

But you're right. 99% of results for "Outback Suspension" are lift kits.

And what have you been feeding those boys?! They are getting big!

Purina. Why, what did you feed yours? (rlaugh)

I think that's only because it's so tall from the factory. It's nearly identical to a Legacy wagon, which are mostly just lower and IIRC a hair shorter overall in length.

But you're right. 99% of results for "Outback Suspension" are lift kits.

Purina. Why, what did you feed yours? (rlaugh)

Well then, buck the system and be a part of that 1%. Haha.

Whoa, the good stuff. Mine got table scraps. (rlaugh)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seriously though, welders are life altering. Put together a scrap steel project to get the saws off the ground and organize the grinder disks & sundry accessories.

I really need to buy myself one for home.

Sure it is......lol

Oooooo, more suspense. I like it.

I know. She recently said she wished we had never gotten rid of the Speed6, because she could beat everyone on a certain stretch of road in it (mind she was talking about pulling away from lights). I pointed out to her we only got rid of it for her.

I got such a good response from my slow reveal of the lift I decided to do it again. I ran the cost past the boss the other day and she didn't even flinch. Of course once she sees what it is that might change.

That is for the never to be sufficiently damned 01 Jetta that this replaces. For a DD / runabout, I *really* like it.

I wish I had been home when the damned Cabrio my wife bought died and she scrapped it. I would have done some stress relief on it.

i detailed the car yesterday. Wash, Clay bar, Polish, wax. It is no doubt the best its looked since i bought it.
ran a test of half the hood, the flake really started to POP as i worked the polish on the car. i put the camera phone behind my poplarized sunglasses to that glare was cut down a little bit
34144507700_2ec24237a7_z.jpg

finished product, no editing on the phone pics.
34144508200_b0623a02ed_z.jpg

34530058065_a89e0d5ed9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, another red miata *yawn*
(rlaugh)
Kidding, that looks ******' awesome dude :D

Here's what I did...besides forgetting the goddamn camera so no vidja.

34359335962_9c127f269d_c.jpg

Was also 2nd fastest overall behind a C7 Z06 driven by the guy who finished 2nd in SS at nationals last year. I'm good with that :D

\m/

Not my Miata, but fixed a weird issue in my father-in-law's Miata. It would act like it had a rev limiter at 2krpm. After trying a bunch of different things, we traced it to some corrosion in the ECU. Cleaned it up and it ran well! Really weird problem.

Back