What have you done to your Miata today?

That sux about the SC Mike.

Nice score on the tires.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Now you're speaking my language!
(except those aren't slicks :p)

Don't go getting all technical on me. I know you're right, but I'm sure if I tried driving with them on the street Johnny Law would say they are.

That sux about the SC Mike.

Nice score on the tires.

Thanks. She shall rise again.

Forgot this one, yesterday I received my brand spankin' new ashtray I got off eBay for $25. Sometimes it pays to be bored.

Finally received the double-wall boxes I ordered yesterday, but too late to get it packed up and shipped. Did that first thing this morning. I cut the styrofoam to fit and layered it in the box to give a nice, solid holder all the way around the 'charger:

33166857566_aa4dc2f956_c.jpg

Cutting it was messy but made a lot easier using my weapon of choice:

32826025800_ea3511851b_c.jpg

It is due to arrive at the rebuilder's on Monday, I'm hoping they don't have too much of a backlog and will be able to tear into it right away.

I bought a new driver's side brake shield, I had to cut the original a little bit for clearance when I tried to fit the BBK I had and it bothers me despite not being visible. Also, today was a good day:

33230979075_fa82960533_c.jpg

Thought I had missed out on this one but luckily they had extras (although not the usual heavy duty shirts I buy).

So close, and yet about 10" too far (rlaugh)

It appears they shipped the long-side stringers for a shorter table. I'm sure they'll make it right, but it's fairly annoying in the interim.

Last edited:
What, no jury-rigging?

If I wasn't fairly confident that they'd make it right in relatively short order, I'd have totally done that. Some 2 1/4" square tube would slide right over that, cut the supplied stringers in half, then sleeve them. But I don't think that'll be necessary. I imagine that this will all be sorted out with a phone call Monday morning.

So far so good. Tab and Slot is sending out the right stringers. At the same time I ordered another small "fab square" from them, and they threw in a discount on the part for my trouble + free shipping, tossing it in the box w/ the stringers. Gotta love good customer service.

So far so good. Tab and Slot is sending out the right stringers. At the same time I ordered another small "fab square" from them, and they threw in a discount on the part for my trouble + free shipping, tossing it in the box w/ the stringers. Gotta love good customer service.

Yes, unfortunately that seems all too rare these days.

Since I have some time on my hands now while waiting on the supercharger to get rebuilt, I decided I would try putting the Feal top hats on again but not use the rubber cushion on the top. I don't want the spring to contact the top hat with nothing between so I picked up everyone's favorite rubberized coating:

33293106055_c967247f26_c.jpg

A little cleaning with denatured alcohol, taping and spraying later, I had this:

32478570293_f796149aee_c.jpg

32478569813_65cd0eba43_c.jpg

Peeling the tape off removed a little of the coating as you can see but nothing to worry about.

I also received the following today:

33293104415_f93a64a9e9_c.jpg

32478568433_27096140b9_c.jpg

The second picture is of a switch housing that replaces the air bag switch in US cars. As some point I will likely install seat heaters so this will give me a place for the switches.

I was expecting another delivery today that didn't happen. All I will say is it is going to make my life much easier when working on cars.

Yes, unfortunately that seems all too rare these days.

Which is why I tend to shout it from the rooftops when it happens. I don't mind so much that the mistake happened, but the way people / companies deal with their mistakes speaks volumes.

I was expecting another delivery today that didn't happen. All I will say is it is going to make my life much easier when working on cars.

such-a-tease.jpg

Which is why I tend to shout it from the rooftops when it happens. I don't mind so much that the mistake happened, but the way people / companies deal with their mistakes speaks volumes.

such-a-tease.jpg
So very true Andrew. I just had a positive experience with Home Depot customer service. Dropped $300 on LED bulbs for the house last July and by January, three were out, several flickered constantly and severalnwould dim/brighten with no ryhme or reason. After a few phone calls and emails, they agreed to give me a full refund in store credit even though I was well past the 90 day return policy.

Cmon Mike, no hints? Lol.

Nothing crazy lately. Changed the oil yesterday, using the form-a-funnel I got for Christmas. Oil still managed to get all over the place.

That looks like fun.

Cmon Mike, no hints? Lol.

You two have known me long enough, I just don't want you to get too comfortable now that I'm regularly posting pictures and stuff. (sssh)

Today was a good day. I picked up or received what's in the picture:

32945683270_dd46503413_c.jpg

Horns are actual Fiamms from '90's Mazdas, they are brand new from the same place I got my ashtray from. They are a little smaller than the horns I currently have, and since they are actual Mazda parts that's a plus. The cubby and head gasket I got from the local dealer. After thinking about things a little more, I decided now would be a good time to install the ported/polished head I have along with the JDM intake cam. The cubby is for another little project I am contemplating.

The icing on the cake came when I finally heard from the freight company and arranged delivery of my large package tomorrow. All curiosity will soon be satisfied.

I figured out why the trailer brakes have had some intermittent weirdness including pulling to one side.

Gotta love a "professional" install. I didn't have time so I took it to a place I trusted. That status has been downgraded. Way too much tension on that cable and it was routed stupidly, so I cut it all out and re-did it properly. It would work better if the green thing were connected to the black thing...

Also replaced the dodgy incandescent tail lights (that on occasion needed a kick to get the driver's side one to work properly...probably had a short internally) with some LEDs, along with a couple of the side markers which had blown, also with LEDs. She's been neglected of late, I guess, is what I'm saying.

You cant blame us Mike. You have spoiled us with all these posted pics. Lol. Nice score there and the horns are awesome. Never would have guessed they were OEM. As for the large item, whats another day? Lol. 😝

Gave the interior a good cleaning and conditioned all the leather bits.

Back