What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Lookin' good. Looks like my setup used to, actually. Neither of my fogs from DDM tuning are working these days; they flicker on for about a tenth of a second when I first turn the switch, but then turn off right away. I don't know if it's the ballasts or what. I'll have to do some investigating this spring.

-Jay

Lip Kit

Installed the Next Mod AE replica front lip..... (yippy)

I like it!

Hopefully installing the sides this week!....

More full pics in my Album. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/album.php?albumid=671

Sorry for the low quality pics. Only had the phone at the time.

Attachments

• MSpeed6 Lip2.JPG
    MSpeed6 Lip2.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 123
  • MS6 Front Lip.JPG
    MS6 Front Lip.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Lip looks sweet! Especially on white with the black emblem.

My car is just chilling in the garage on the spare, lol.

Lip looks sweet! Especially on white with the black emblem.

My car is just chilling in the garage on the spare, lol.

Thanks!

The OEM grill will be replaced very soon! Just waiting to be prepped and finished so I can install it. Hopefully it will tie all the front end enhancements together.

Looks good. I think you should get your rear painted back to stock black (I know you didn't paint it)...

if the AE lip was 80% smaller i would get one... i'll just destroy that thing.

today i installed an elementaldesigns e3.8 sub and a boston gta400m amp.

if the AE lip was 80% smaller i would get one... i'll just destroy that thing.

I stopped by a stereo shop this weekend and I was told a "Module" (Read: fancy computer communicating wiring harness) doesnt exist for my car. He said without that if I install a aftermarket head unit I could get random electronic failures and could cause computer codes when I tap into wires without one. Is that an accurate assessment? Its a stereo shop/alarm/tint place, you would think they wouldnt say that if it wasnt true. Losing a sale and all.

I stopped by a stereo shop this weekend and I was told a "Module" (Read: fancy computer communicating wiring harness) doesnt exist for my car. He said without that if I install a aftermarket head unit I could get random electronic failures and could cause computer codes when I tap into wires without one. Is that an accurate assessment? Its a stereo shop/alarm/tint place, you would think they wouldnt say that if it wasnt true. Losing a sale and all.

Metra makes a dash kit for the 6/MS6 but it's $150+ at most retailers. Also, the finish is designed for the regular 6, and doesn't match up with the rest of the trim panels, unless you refinish them.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-7507

Installed the Next Mod AE replica front lip.

Looks great dude. Your front end is so clean compared to mine! No chips, no scuffs... I don't think that lip would last a month on my car and I'm not even lowered. Between speed bumps, angled driveways, and curbs (not to mention snow) I'm just not gonna try.

driver's side foglamp is out.....

OK, one more reason for me to stay happy with my Nokyas. Never had a problem and they've been in there 2+ years.

Nice sub! I like their home stuff, but haven't heard much about their car subs. How's it sound??

Dead battery this morning. 3 1/2 hour wait for AAA (I need to get a jump kit). New Duralast battery but it is shorter than stock so the bar does hold it down. I'm sure others have run across this. My thought is to put something under the battery to make it taller. Any ideas about what would be safe or methods that you used?

Went to crank the Miata. Dead.
Problem is..battery is in the trunk & I have to pull the sub/amp cover off. Not hard, just a PITA sometimes....might just wait til it warms up.

Dead battery this morning. 3 1/2 hour wait for AAA (I need to get a jump kit). New Duralast battery but it is shorter than stock so the bar does hold it down. I'm sure others have run across this. My thought is to put something under the battery to make it taller. Any ideas about what would be safe or methods that you used?

Went to crank the Miata. Dead.
Problem is..battery is in the trunk & I have to pull the sub/amp cover off. Not hard, just a PITA sometimes....might just wait til it warms up.

mine just about didnt start... feels like -34 degrees here today... not to cold...

Back