What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Its official! I am a proud owner of a 2001 Corvette!!!!!

62799_1324488207314_1684158645_650042_6140938_n.jpg

Its at the shop today. Picking it up tomorrow. I went for a test drive this morning. Wow. It is great to drive. The torque of that v8 is crazy. The clutch and shifter work flawlessly and the gearing is perfect! I was going 75mph down 95 tacking 1500rpm. I didnt get down on it too much in the lower end but I had a mustang tail gating me merging onto 95. At 45mph I nailed it and it squeeled the tires. I left the mustang in the dust.

The dealer put the stock air filter back on . . I will be putting back the twin air filter that was on it originally.

Car is a bit dirty. Needs some qwik6 love then she will be like brand new. More pics once I get it cleaned up and home.

Can't wait to see what you do with it Taylor. I think that car is going to look great with a little bit of work. You gonna get the real Z06 brake ducts and nix the spoiler and front splitter?

Congrats, Taylor. I hope you enjoy the new Vette. Just stop back in here when you have a little Speed6 nostalgia from time to time. ;)

I'm still a little sad to see you trade up, because it was your beautiful work on your car that really inspired me to go WWP back when I was looking at all kinds of different cars. I guess most of us will move on at some point, and we certainly can't hold it against those who move on sooner rather than later, especially not the ones who have brought so much to the community.

Congrats, Taylor. I hope you enjoy the new Vette. Just stop back in here when you have a little Speed6 nostalgia from time to time. ;)

I'm still a little sad to see you trade up, because it was your beautiful work on your car that really inspired me to go WWP back when I was looking at all kinds of different cars. I guess most of us will move on at some point, and we certainly can't hold it against those who move on sooner rather than later, especially not the ones who have brought so much to the community.

here here!!! well spoken Bartley! Chris, Steve & Taylor have all been great to this community and hope the best for em!

on another note, did anyone actually read my crazy long post, bottom of the last page? thoughts? lol

/\ /\ Lol... dude, I don't know what you did to your poor car. OK, what exactly did you hit? You slid on some gravel on the track surface, and then went spinning off into what? Was it just choppy grass and bumpy ground, or was there actually a curb or something you might have knocked into really solid? It sounds like you need to get the alignment and suspension looked at because I would bet that you either bent or snapped something. I don't know enough to tell you exactly what, but I think it would be better to get it looked at before you put another 600 miles of driving in! We don't want you spinning off a regular road into oncoming traffic, batou!

/\ /\ Lol... dude, I don't know what you did to your poor car. OK, what exactly did you hit? You slid on some gravel on the track surface, and then went spinning off into what? Was it just choppy grass and bumpy ground, or was there actually a curb or something you might have knocked into really solid? It sounds like you need to get the alignment and suspension looked at because I would bet that you either bent or snapped something. I don't know enough to tell you exactly what, but I think it would be better to get it looked at before you put another 600 miles of driving in! We don't want you spinning off a regular road into oncoming traffic, batou!

lol, well i know for a fact alignment is off, knocked the toe out of wack. as far as snapping something, i been listening closely lately, nothing seems to have come loose. Im still worried that i could have bent/tweaked an axle or CV joint due to the angle i flew off the track at and im about 80% sure i didnt bend a wheel (again). but this coming week ill be throwing the car on jacks to look more closely as well as bring it in for alignment.

the spin was off a left turn sweeper, into a quick short banked right turn. The top of that bank had a bunch of gravel kicked onto the pavement, i hit it, started losing the back end kinda like oversteer, tried to counter steer and slightly let off throttle to see if the back spinning wheels would catch back on pavement. no luck... too much gravel so i kept going into a full spin into the dirt over a slight incline...

im lucky too, any faster i could have caught a bit of air and flipped. it was flat dirt and dessery shrubbery i went through, had to crawl through it to turn around back to the track. With just my moderate lowering, i was dragging all sorts of plant-life with me. end of day as i assessed my dmg, i looked under to see weeds and plants hanging all over under the car. im kind of pissed they didnt stop sessions to sweep the track.

i baby my car so much, only to do this... heh.

Speaking of messing stuff up, some jack leg in a tahoe changed lanes in front of me on my way home from work and hit a piece of rubber in the road and it came back and hit my front bumper. When I got home it was cracked and my driver side black insert was poped out. I got the black rubber junk off and the insert in to make it work for a while but now I'll be looking at a repair job for that, bummer!

Installed my new cable for my GROM integration unit, hooray for using steering wheel controls and having all speakers working again!

Congrats! I'm pretty jealous, except the color, not for me.

I was not a fan of yellow vettes but it grew on me. I call it cop catcher yellow. Now I HAVE to do the speed limit. lol With my plans its going to look killer once I am done.

Can't wait to see what you do with it Taylor. I think that car is going to look great with a little bit of work. You gonna get the real Z06 brake ducts and nix the spoiler and front splitter?

the car looks great now but has a common look amoung most yellow vettes I see in my area. And there are about 6-7 yellow vettes around here. I would be the only one with solid black semi gloss zo6 wheels. One guy has black wheels with silver lip. the other guys have chrome wheels. My dad included. but trust me once I get it where I want it to be its going to look bad ass. It definetly turns heads.

About the side splitters I looked at them thinking they were fake. Come to find out they actually do force air into a tunnel back to the rear brakes. Must be the point of the grand sport package. I will most likely keep them and just have that area re-painted. I like look of them. not a big fan of the zo6 grilled one or no one at all.

Front splitter will stay for now until I lower it. then it will become an issue ans I will put on for car shows and such.

For the motor. I am going to clean it up and keep it simple. My dad has gone all out with chrome and carbon fiber. I mwill just keep it stock looking with some new fuel rail covers.

Thats what my speed6 is doing now.

Don't be sad, it just means fresh MS6 meat will be here soon enough.

I hate to give my baby up to just anyone. It ran so great today on the way home.

Thanks man. I will stop back but remember I am not gone yet. I'm glad I inspired others. Makes me feel like all my hard work and time was worth it.

here here!!! well spoken Bartley! Chris, Steve & Taylor have all been great to this community and hope the best for em!

on another note, did anyone actually read my crazy long post, bottom of the last page? thoughts? lol

Thank you! I tried to take in as much as i could and help others. Now I have to go do the same on corvette forums. Now I will be a NOOB!!!

ps- Did my pic show up in my last post? I posted a pic but I am not seeing it now for some reason.

Last edited:
ehhhhhhh... 2 ms6s?? good idea, but i dont think dad would like that his 18 year old son has a faster car than him lol

i just saw youre selling the speed6 :( yours is my fav on the forums. nice vette tho.
you parting out the 6?

oh and i put a shark fin antenna on today

ehhhhhhh... 2 ms6s?? good idea, but i dont think dad would like that his 18 year old son has a faster car than him lol

I can take some mods off for ya if your willing to buy. ;) Or I'll make up a map with a target boost of 10psi. lolz

You put up your FS thread yet?

Not yet. Do I HAVE to have a sign with my username and forum for each pic? If so I need to wash and detail the car again and snap some pics.

i just saw youre selling the speed6 :( yours is my fav on the forums. nice vette tho.
you parting out the 6?

oh and i put a shark fin antenna on today

Thank you! No part out. . . yet. I would like to avoid the hassle of parting out as I do not even have most of the stock parts. If its up for sale and no one makes and offer then its part out time. Look for a for sale by next week. I also do not have the time to part out as I work 6-7 days a week. I am at work right now. . :(

and it would be nice for someone to get the car as is. the sexiest ms6 ever! maybe ill sell mine and buy yours haha

Back