What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

Took my car down some country twisty roads. Had a blast. Never drove my car that hard for that long. Handled like a champ.

well yeah..(remember im opening up my own shop) lol.. so ill be doing it for sure.. just putting if off till then

Good point.

Ran into another snag tonight. Went to put the stock cat back on found that one of the welded nuts was cross threaded at some point, and wouldn't start. Right now the car is still up in the air and I need to get ahold of an M10x1.0 tap to clean the threads up. After that, car is going in Tues. for an alignment, then to the body shop after that for some touch up TLC and then I'm driving it. No more messing with it until the order is placed for the 5.0.

busy day, installed my new VC and ported intake manifold, and my cs exhaust.
24750_506373538263_205200115_30507064_6454916_n.jpg

Just wondering, any big differences noticed with an upgraded TMIC? I was looking at the ETS 3.25/3.5"... Gains?

Not sure, I did it with the SRI in and noticed a bit of difference. But the programmer helped the most.

Took my car down some country twisty roads. Had a blast. Never drove my car that hard for that long. Handled like a champ.
I hope you're riding on a tuned suspension because in stock form the 6 handles like a row boat. Only the Pillsbury Dough Boy has more body roll.

No tuned suspension. Just lowering springs. Handles pretty good. Does have some body roll. I know how far it can be pushed. Thats why BC coilovers will be my next mod.

Anywho did a couple launches today. Got 0-60 in 5.36. I still need to perfect my launch. Atleast I didnt smell the clutch this time. Even 2 times back to back. My second launch I nailed. Took off so qwik the ebrake came up and went into fwd. Caused me to miss 2nd gear. Still pulled a 6.2 on that one.

we did quite a few things today... Me and Carlson
Here are some pics of what he installed today:

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

The Ugliness....
IMG_3777.jpg

And the beauty:
IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

we did quite a few things today... Me and Carlson
Here are some pics of what he installed today:

damnit, just the other day i was thinking "man i want a fmic that way i can get a bunch of engine bay parts painted white to keep the stormtrooper theme" i swear i am never not logging in for a few days ever again (shocked)

Congrats on the win, Qwik!

you know what would be cool.. if we could have 2 OBDII ports..

I would LOVE that. I still like my Scangauge, but I also want to add an AP/DH. Dougefresh_ figured out a great way to mount and swap the latter two, but you still can't run them both at once. I know you can daisy chain 2 Scangauges, but apparently none of them play well with each other.

I had planned to do a good wash/clay/wax and some interior work on Sunday, but the forecast called for rain all day so I told my GF to take the car for her girls afternoon and I would paint the living room. It didn't rain after all. :(

damnit, just the other day i was thinking "man i want a fmic that way i can get a bunch of engine bay parts painted white to keep the stormtrooper theme" i swear i am never not logging in for a few days ever again (shocked)

dont worry im just going with the storm shadow theme. i might change a bit, so who knows.

carlson if your going with a white/black theme under the hood.. change all the couplers to black, and maybe the vaccum lines to black as well. the turbo inlet pipe you could change to black. you could have the corksport pipes powdercoated white and with the black couplers connecting them that would look hot!!.. just a few suggestions

i partied all weekend in another city/province.... i left my car there haha i'll go back and get it tomorrow... 150KM and $42.50 in tolls good thing work is paying for me to go this time(rofl2)

Installed my Dashhawk and Blendmount (Thanks, Steve!). I'll take a full interior picture a little later. I made the mistake of trying to clean the leather this weekend with stuff that filled some of the holes in the perforated leather. I'll have to go out there with a toothpick to take care of it...

-Jay

Installed my Dashhawk and Blendmount (Thanks, Steve!). I'll take a full interior picture a little later. I made the mistake of trying to clean the leather this weekend with stuff that filled some of the holes in the perforated leather. I'll have to go out there with a toothpick to take care of it...

-Jay

Did you mount it under the rearview mirror?

Back