What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

TWM kits are great. I have one and I love it. I added a knob this last year. Great quality. Wait for 10% off. I think a "like" on FB will get you a coupon.

@JDM-P5 - did you get my last PM or find the information you needed?

Nice find on the 6 wagon...didnt know they made them stick...Awesome!

I actually wasn't really looking for another stick. The wife and I were talking about getting an auto in case I need to multi-task. And, I'm not the smoothest stick driver sometimes, I didn't want my baby to get whiplash or something?? haha

But, I kept finding nice 5sp Wagons, and began to talk myself into one. I don't think it'd be too safe with EITHER transmission to be multi-tasking with an infant in the back seat. Whiplash?? Eh, no more than these bumpy roads and whatnot. hahaha And I wasn't really tired of driving my manual P5, so I didn't mind getting into another one. At least the manual will help the MPG's a bit.

TWM kits are great. I have one and I love it. I added a knob this last year. Great quality. Wait for 10% off. I think a "like" on FB will get you a coupon.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to do that...

I'll admit though, I know it's a great product and all, but install looks to be a PITA! Or confusing as hell at the least. Just their knobs have a 15 step how-to on here...lol

I did it myself. It wasn't too bad. I did drop a bolt (it fell between the carpet and metal) and had to have a friend come over and drive me to the local home improvement store to get a replacement. It took an hour. The replacement knob took a while to get the writing on the knob in the right direction.

Haha...hate when that happens!

Just pulled the trigger on some DDM 35w 5K's. Going to order a Grom USB interface as soon as they get back to me about what "04 requires change on the radio" means. lol

I put VVME 6K's in my wife's Trailblazer, same in my P5. I always heard bad things about the DDM kit on other sites, but they seem to be the #1 choice in the Mazda community, so I decided to give them a try. I didn't feel like ordering through eBay either, wanted to order right from the website.

6K's are alright, but I wanted to mix it up a bit and go with 5's this time, see how much of a difference it will be.

I love DDM's ...especially the price ..I had them on my Mazda 5(headlights &Fogs) and got the 4500K for the fog's since the headlights already came with HID'd ( 4300K)

I just hope I'm one of the lucky people who never have any problems with them. Looks like it's going to be a pretty intricate task of installing these; bumper off, headlights out, hiding wires, etc. It'd be a REAL b**** to have to take all that out in order to send back a bulb or ballast, then do it again when the new part came in!

I blew a bulb with this VVME kit in the P5, but I was able to slide it in and out without taking the headlight out. Learned my lesson about replacing only 1 bulb though, cause the color was a tad off from the other bulb.

I know DDM has you send both bulbs back under their lifetime warranty...One of my foglights blew out on the 5 and they replaced both of them. No issues ever again

Going to order a Grom USB interface as soon as they get back to me about what "04 requires change on the radio" means.

What is this? I'm wondering what is the cheapest fix to get my Iphone to play on the factory Bose system without getting a cheap fm tuner

I know DDM has you send both bulbs back under their lifetime warranty...One of my foglights blew out on the 5 and they replaced both of them. No issues ever again

That's a good policy then!

What is this? I'm wondering what is the cheapest fix to get my Iphone to play on the factory Bose system without getting a cheap fm tuner

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_...sb_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

I was going to get this, because I could simply play my USB's with this unit. iPod's, you'd need to buy an iPod cable on top of the unit for $25

This one's a little cheaper...but you'd still need to buy the iPod cable.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_...aux-in_mp3_bluetooth_ipod_iphone_adapter.html

I don't think I'm going to go with this though. I found out that with the '04's, you need to take apart the factory radio, and solder/jump something inside of it to get it to work with the Grom unit. PASS!!! I might be up s***'s creek though, because I don't have an iPod, and have no intention of buying an iPod, so I'll have to keep looking for something that I could just play MP3's from a USB flashdrive.

Already put in work over the weekend. lol

2012-02-19123406.jpg

Got my oil changed the other day.

It also snowed today. I'm glad I didn't put on my coilovers yet...but damnit, I want them on! lol.

Back